Hypothetically, what would you do if this happened to you?

You meet someone..

You figure out you are perfect for each other..

Get married.. Have kids..

Then one of them gets sick..

Needs bone marrow..

You both get tested..

and the Dr comes back and tells you that your spouse, is your half-sibling?

Now, what if you've just found out you are 2 months pregnant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm the guy and she'd be pregnant :D

Whichever way I'm staying with her as long as she wants to do so herself but sinc we also have kids I'd do my best to convince her to stay.

I sure wont' get over her since I loved her before we realized we are the same blood line. Whichever way nature didn't create these taboos, society i.e. humans did.

Though people will freak out at the idea and also considering that children born out of such relationships tend to have disorders but that is not really necessary and would I love my wife or kids any less even if the kids did have any disroder.

I'd say forget everything and just love her for the woman she is the way you did before :D

In short I'd never change anything, I'd love her the same way and maybe more :)

Good question :)

• Wow after a whole 3 months :) thanks a bunch for the BA - I wholly appreciate it. Very thoughtful to check out and give a BA after quite a while :)

• its my way lol

• Nice and if I'm not being too judgmental then you probably give it enough gestation for people to answer before you decide :)

What Guys Said 37

• It's really too late to "do" anything at that point, other than keep on livin'.

I can always count on your questions/comments for an interesting perspective, Betwyn.

• I don't think there is much I'd do. We already have children. I'm not sure honestly I think I'd have to ask for people's advice. Would the government require you get divorced. Now that I think about it, would you even be able to get married since the government I assume would bring this to light when you applied for a marriage license.

wow what a conundrum. I don't know what I'd do

• If you have no father on your birth certificate, you could share a father and who would know?

• It wouldn't bother me. In fact, I might even prefer it. (I have a great uncle from West Virginia.)

• Too late to worry about it. Its done.

I wouldn't tell the kids.

• I don't think I would be able to change the way I felt, and the fact that we have a child would mean the child and its mother mean the world to me, so for me to decide what to do means one thing, I would decide to let her choose my fate, because there is no way I would be able to choose otherwise but to continue as we were, with the exception of having any more children.I Think? x

• So, no more children, but stay together?

• I can't answer with experience here, all I can do is go by the foundations you have in place, and I cannot ignore that a child is ours, and we obviously mean a lot to each other to have that child, so yes, my gut feelingf would be stay together, because a whole life has been built on not knowing, so would knowing really change the way you feel about each other, I don't feel as if it would, but I would have her call the shots and accept whatever she decided,x

More from Guys
32

What Girls Said 5

• First I'd get my kids checked to see if they have any disorders. I'd keep the kid I was pregnant with. Then I'd talk with my husband about options. We could either get him fixed so we wouldn't have any other kids and stay together or we'd get a divorce. But I'd make sure to keep the information under wraps forever no matter what we decide to do.

I read the Mortal Instruments series and honestly it changed my opinion on the matter. I used to think the best thing to do was to get a divorce and flee the country and never see each other again. But now I'm not so sure. It's not really fair for people to think badly of you because you didn't know. And as long as you stop having kids then it's okay. And it's pretty messed up for the parent you have in common not to say anything. Unless they don't know. Then you could probably get away with it.

• Yikes. I'd get a divorce.

• I think that's one of the reasons why I'm not attracted to Asians lol - they all remind me of my brother. I thought they'd do the blood testing match with the recipient only and not the potential donors? and there was no DNA testing and without the half siblings parents present the test would be inconclusive.

still - it's a situations you can't fully answer unless its really happening. that also means you are mother/father and aunt/uncle to your own child.

• same with me dating women of my own race is weird they all look like my sisters or a cousin

• I'm also afraid of a specific Asian ethnicity in terms of dating, because I know nobody on my mother's half of the family tree.

I'm half though, so I guess it's not AS bad =P

• @steelymcbeam you made me lol hahahaha - better safe then sorry huh :D

• I live in Texas, not Arkansas, haha!

I'd get a divorce. I wouldn't be able to live with that.

I actually have a half-brother - I guess it's a good thing we don't get along :-P haha

• This answer made me sad, you'd divorce the perfect love of your life because on the unfortunate coincidence that you're in part related?

- another Texan

• I really don't know. That'd be my knee-jerk reaction... but I've never been faced with the choice to abort or not to abort, so I really don't know what I would ultimately decide.

• Lol, Sean-the-Scot... you dirty boy

• It was nice knowing you...

But seriously that would be messd up. I don't even know what to think. I mean they aren't FULLY my sibling so it wouldn't be so bad? lol. We would probably have to do some confidentiality agreement secrecy thing.