• Ask
  • myTake

How do you show affection without smothering somebody? How can you tell when you're becoming too needy?

I've been getting involved with a girl recently and things are going really well. I don't feel like we've ever crossed the line where either of us are being at all needy or smothering.However, she's quite shy, and it can be difficult to tell exactly how she feels. We don't see each other extremely often because of busy schedules, and I'm at the point where I'm realising how much I miss her.I love seeing her and spending time with her, and I feel like we both feel that way, but I know what an unappealing quality 'neediness' is (from experience, I've had girls be too 'clingy' to me in the past and I found it really annoying) and so I try not to.Am I worrying about nothing? How can I show her that I miss her and value our time together without being overbearing? And how can I tell if I've crossed the point where I am becoming 'too much'?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• if you feel that way. just go ahead and tell her. or chat up like" how are u" something like that. if she feels the same way, then she wouldn't feel needy. maybe she is not sure how you feel about her either. Life is too short for all those waitings, trust me.

• i agree with her, just tell her, I miss you when you do simple as that its not needy its honest, needy is when the other person don't let the other have their own space...

What Girls Said 4

• Stop worrying. Your actions would tell how much you miss her like pursuing to meet her even for few minutes just to see her and tell her how you feel at the moment. And be a gentleman, like you can ask her if you can hold her hand, and when she says yes then do it, in that way you would avoid being annoying because it's with her permission.

• I would just talk to her about it.If your worried about being needy then tell her that. If you don't say "hey" often she might feel that your not really all that interested. If she's a shy girl she probably doesn't want to seem needy either. Chances are she likes you, so just talk to her about what's on your mind.

• She will let you know if you are becoming too needy. If you feel her pulling away from you and you have not gotten into any arguments then you may have something to worry about.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!