Ovulation? controlling?

if your boyfriend is keeping track of your ovulation schedule is that normal? I've never known a guy to know that or keep up with. my boyfriend told me its because he's very mature and I've never been with someone who thinks of all these things but it kind of makes me uncomfortable. does that make him controlling?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Controlling? Hell no.We want to know when you're gonna act all b*tchy and mouthy with us. Or when you're gonna be in the mood.Knowing a girl's cycle makes us feel better because we can understand her better that way.And it's also a good way to keep a relationship intact, because we CARE about you. We CARE how you're feeling.By understanding a girl's hormones, we won't lose control of our emotions when you start complaining about your cramps, or how 'ugly' you feel about yourself.Would you rather deal with an insensitive, understanding guy, or a sensitive guy who will flip his lid the moment you say something pessimistic?God forbid.

What Guys Said 17

• Maybe he really wants to knock you up.

• If you are on the pill or using other forms of birth control, I think this is very odd. If you are having sex with out birth control, he just wants to avoid getting you pregnant. Keeping track of ovulation is a common birth control method called the rhythm method.

• I don't keep of my girlfriends but I generally know what time of the month it happens. I personally like to know so I know when to expect a bunch of PMS and so I can make sure I don't try to do anything sexual and having to make her tell me she can't do it.

• I assure you I would track it too. On an app... Ask me how I know about this. I want to know when the really dangerous days of conception are in the month and I also want to know when to expect aunt flo... or if she was late. Controlling, I can't see how it is. I can track it without you knowing and the girls I have tracked it with never did know. I knew how long the menses lasted, when to expect it and if they were late. It is a pretty responsible thing really. Responsible and controlling are not one in the same.Best of health to you.Eagle

• I don't keep track of stuff like that, unless she miscarriage my child an wanted to try this again.

• He probably wants to know when you'll be on your period. Every guy knows women can turn into nasty creatures during that time and since your period generally occurs around the time of ovulation, he wants to know when to be prepared for it.

• My guess is he is going to try to make sure you are BOTH ready for a baby if you bring one into the world. Controlling? Maybe, and maybe we need more like him. Good Luck,James

• Lmao, it could be:A,he's just curious and wants to know. Were guys and don't have open plumbing, curiosity!B, he wants to learn what days to avoid you ripping his head off his shoulders for leaving the toilet seat up(avoiding pms symptoms)C, know what days to "pull out" or let the d*** tell the condom:"cover me I'm going in!" to avoid the baby making process.D, all of the above.I will go with D! Is my guess, now I've got a big fat joint that I must smoke now so good luck and congratulations on your man taking a deeper interest past your vagina and now into your uterus. Maybe someday he will make his way up to your heart. :P

• How is that controlling? Is he telling you when you can or can't? Or maybe you can't drink during those times, or watch movies, etc?

• Sorry, but that sounds weird and controlling to me...

• It's controlling if he tells you when you can ovulate ;-)Seriously, though. It's normal. He just wants to understand. Men like to know how things work and what to expect. He'd probably dismantle you, give you an oil change, put you back together and give you a polish if it were possible ...,

• no doesn't make him controlling he probably is keeping track because he sees it strengthening your relationship by understanding you more.

• I don't know why you would think only this makes him "controlling". I know when my girl is ovulating and I am not a controlling guy.

• Might not be uncommon as I do it and my best friend always knows when his girl is extra wet and ovulating.

• well like I said controlling may have not been the best word weird should have been. its not a bad thing just not common.

• He's actually behaving like a total male. He realized you have a cycle, it's what makes you work so he learned about his interest and what makes you work and now he is learning it and taking it into account for decisions. Total logical male behavior.

• thanks I appreciate that.

• Haha, he read Sperm Wars.

• It's a book.

• what is sperm wars?

• Makes him controlling if he's pressuring you do have sex etc. How do you feel you're being controlled?

• that exactly what I think..its weird

• It's not bad of you... he's just being weird.

• maybe controlling wasn't the right word to use, it just made me feel uncomfortable and he is right I'm not use to someone keeping up with that and maybe that's my personal problem. I just feel uncomfortable when he brings it up. is that bad on my part? and no he never pressures me to

• Nope. When he's tracking your ovulation, perhaps he just wants to know the right time to sleep with you so that you won't get pregnant.

• thanks for your response I appreciate it. I think your completely right

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he wants to avoid children. I personally find it intelligent. I keep track of mine and tell him because I know we both care about them. I have a feeling if we ever were to split (not actually foreseeably likely really) but he would have grown to enjoy the security of that knowledge and would try to find ways to keep up with it. It's a nice peace of mind...knowing that info. If YOU had a way to track when your boyfriend would be emotionally off balance...and know when he was most likely to impregnate you, you don't think you'd keep up with it? Pregnancy and emotional states are both really good things to keep in consideration. Think of it as his way of wanting to know when to be a little more tolerant and nicer.