Why won't anyone hire me?

So for starters. NO ONE WILL HIRE ME. NO ONE. Since the very day I turned 16, I’ve applied for about 50 different jobs. No one calls me back. No one. I really need a job. Ya know I see all these people with jobs who don’t really need them. I mean everyone needs a job. That’s not exactly what I mean. It’s hard to explain. My best friend just got a job at Game Stop, where I also applied, and don’t get me wrong, I’m super happy for her. But why didn’t they call me? What have I done, that it seems no one even looks at my application? Even glances at it.

I haven’t had minutes on my sh*t pre-paid phone in about a month, cause my parents can’t afford to get them. And before that I hadn’t had a phone in almost a year. NOW. HOLD THE PHONE FOR A SECOND. DON’T HANG UP. I know I sound like a spoiled brat, and think that if you want. But I KNOW, that half of you would “like die” without your cellys. Just sayin. Now all that “no phone”, “no costume”, stuff sucks. SUCKS BIG FAT MONKEY t*ts. I mean think of what it’s like. You probably don’t know. And maybe never will. Which is good for you. I’m glad. Really I am. But think about what it’s like, every time someone asks for your phone number, and you have to say “Oh my phone isn’t on right now.”, or “I’ll give it to you, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to text you back.” Think about what they must be thinking about you and your family. I mean I don’t give a sh*t about their opinions really, but I can’t pretend that it doesn’t hurt me somewhere deep inside.

The worst part about all this sh*t, something so much bigger then anyone's opinion is, asking my dad for lunch money for the week, and watching him open his wallet and pull out the only $7 he has. And hand it to me. My dad is the strongest person I’ve ever met. Mentally I mean. Well he’s strong, he could break me in half but that’s not my point. He recently hurt himself at work, almost 2 months ago, and has been fighting with them ever since to get the care he needs. That’s why he hasn’t been making enough money to pay the bills. Which I would gladly help pay, IF I HAD A JOB. Although I doubt my father would take my money. OK so I guess that’s about that. I’m quite mad at him right now though. He picked me up from my BFF's house where I’ve been all weekend. When I came out to the car he was playing with his also sh*tty pre-paid phone, looking up some news bullsh*t that’s not necessary. So I asked him respectfully, and not with any intent of being a bitch how much it cost. He told me a couple cents a minute. Which isn’t alot, but I find it unfair that he is “unable” to give my 20 bucks for a months worth of minutes on my phone yet he can do that.

I know we don’t have a lot of money that’s why I never ask for any, but that’s my point exactly. We don’t have any money, so why are you doing that?

Got a job interview next Monday, and it looks like my chances of getting it are pretty high. And got my wonderful boyfriend who will be by my side no matter what. I'd say I'm pretty happy with life right now. Which is a first. :']
Never got the job. :(
Guess I should focus on graduating my last year of high school first and then going from there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps you should start by looking at your resume.

Since your friend got a job then perhaps you could ask her if you can take a look at her resume and compare and see if you can get some tips from it. You could also search the internet for "how to write a good resume". There is a lot of info about those things.

• I don't have a resume.

• Well... whatever information you leave to your potential employer could need revision.