What's one product on the market right now that you think is overpriced?

i think perfumes are overly priced and should be cheaper! for fragrances just made in a laboratory its crazy to pay up to $100 for a one oz-3 oz bottle.

Most Helpful Guy

• In addition to a couple of excellent answers, I'm going to say designer clothing.

I love magazine ads where a model is wearing a plain T-shirt that "only" costs $250, or jeans that cost $500. I lose my mind paying $45 for Levi's on sale; you'd have to be on crack to buy jeans for $500. Not even if I was a billionaire.

I grant you that some stuff that I buy that is on the expensive side is actually worth it. UnderArmour hi-tech fabrics really do work, and they are worth the money to me, not because of the brand name, but because of the function. But I buy generic versions when I can.

• i agree. clothing is the biggest waste of money.

What Guys Said 26

• Since you had questions about the diamond industry (aka De Beers), you should read this 1982 article. Nothing substantial has changed; the De Beers corp has continued to buy out any new diamond finds that are discovered so that they can maintain tight control of the market.

link

• so they own mother nature because they got to it first?

• They have bought out the mineral rights to nearly every known producing diamond mine. Courts recognize property rights, not "mother nature", and diamonds have to be mined, which is both dangerous and expensive. It's not like you just go pick them up off the ground.

• Printer ink is more expensive than perfume.

Any iprank is more expensive than it's non Apple competitor. But some people would by ipaper to wipe their behind if it cost $25 more than Walmart paper and has an apple on it.

• CONDOMS :-D I think these should be given free of cost from the tax payers money and delivered free with every news paper even to those who don't subscribe to news papers - every government's effort to at least beat STDs where one can

As of fragrances or designer clothes or cars or any such stuff, I LOVE them and think every one of them are priced for what they are worth. If I think they aren't worth it, I won't buy them :-D. it's the brand that sells and brand comes from quality that goes through a lot of research :)

• i don't know I think perfumes can be a bit more affordable =/ like $20 bucks cheaper than they are the one oz or 1.7 oz sizes piss me off the most theyre usually like 15 bucks off from the large 3.4 oz

• There are economy range perfumes available too but it depends on who wants to afford what :)

When I buy perfumes I check on the brand, what I like, how does it wear on me and affect others. Hence, when I buy them I think they are worth it :)

• Flights, speciall;y those over seas.

• anything where the benefits doesn't justify the price you paid despite the overwhelming demand for the product

More from Guys
21

What Girls Said 4

• Starbucks coffee, the building is literally right by my apartment area. I never go there unless my cousin forcibly grabs me by my arm and drags me over there. I just get sad a little in the inside that I'm wasting my money on a drink that I can go buy at Wal-Mart, which is literally right beside of my apartment! and get coffee ice cream and mix it in a blender, I get more out of it and less money to spend :) Even their desserts are overprices at Starbucks, they don't even taste that great for one thing that is like 3 bucks? they better be organic or super healthy if I'm going to pay for a small snack that is 3 dollars.

• yea their food and desserts are disgusting. totally agree. the only think I splurge on once every 6 months in caramel machiatto.

• I actually did the math one day and starbucks coffee costs more than oil

• I know! its ridiculous

• I think certain perfumes are worth the price >.< My mom gave me Chanel No. 5 for Christmas and my boyfriend bought me Mademoiselle...

Gas is pretty pricey. Also, fruits and vegetables and most health food in general is over priced, though I'm willing to pay the price.

• Apple products, especially their laptops.

• yea their laptops are sh*t, I used my sisters macbook and I couldn't stand it. too many windows and buttons my hp is so much more simple

• Gasoline.