• Ask
  • myTake

Classical Music? Does it really help with Studying?

I'm making a station on Pandora that I can listen to while studying for a test. Does Classical music really help with studying or is that just a... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I think in most cases it is vocal-less music which helps me. I listen to classical piano and jazz mostly

What Guys Said 5

• I listen to Ambient music while studying.

• I prefer jazz, especially when I write, but classical works too. I play a lot of Horace Silver, Stan Getz, Miles Davis.

• I really think the best way to study is in complete silence, but maybe it's just me.
    Anyway, I think that exploiting classical music for that purpose is so sad. Classical music deserves full attention of the listener to be appreciated. I personally would consider that behave very unrespectful toward the great art, since composers didn't think their music as a bunch of background sounds.
    Maybe, a more appropriate genre of music for that use is New Age, or just environmental music. But I suggest silence and will.

• I don't think so, a refreshing nights' sleep and lack of ANY tension seem to help way better than any sort of music.. classical music isn't magical - it's just.. old, so myths surround it

What Girls Said 3

• I think it helps just case it calming

• For me personally, it's instrumental music in general, not just classical. I sometimes listen to instrumental post-rock (Explosions in the Sky is a popular example) when I'm studying or doing homework and I've found that it helps a lot, but it might just be me. Some people don't get the same effect out of it.

• For me, I love classical music. I love it, because it's my favorite genre of music, and I like to play it on the piano as well. The thing about classical music is the rhythm of the music with it's specific instruments, mostly the strings and the piano, with the combination of tempos, arpeggios, measures, and speed, is that it forms complex sounds that helps stimulate the brain as it listens to these different types of variations, thus helping to make you and the brain cooperate with the complexion of studying ;).