• Ask
  • myTake

Starbucks lattes are overpriced. Cheaper alternative?

Here's the thing. I like lattes once in a while, but I hate to pay close to 5 bucks for the smallest size available. Tim Hortons lattes are OK and reasonably priced (below 3$), Starbucks lattes are ridiculously expensive (3,85$ for the smallest size) and McDonald's lattes taste gross (the coffee itself tastes bitter and watery). Any good alternative in coffee chains (or cheap machines)?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yeah, just reading your title, I thought Tim Horton's for if you lived in Canada. Then reading the body of your question, with mention of Tim Horton's, you clearly MUST live in canada. Especially with mention of Dunkin Donuts disappearing, in someone else's comments section.But yeah, what I do is I buy the coffee I like, and make it in the morning. Sometimes I prepare it the night before, and switch the coffee maker on when I get up. That alone saves you a ton of money. If you want lattes, then I would recommend Tim Horton's. On Wednesday, all hot beverages are a dollar at 7-Eleven. Sometimes I get those. But yeah, I wouldn't buy a McDonald's coffee.I've seen cheap machines with decent coffee around town, but I have no idea if they'd be in your city, or where you'd find them. Plus it's not as if I was paying that close of attention to the name on the machines. Sorry.Anyway I go to Tim Horton's and 7-Eleven. Other chains that come to mind are Second Cup, and Fixx. Cheaper? Probably not. But, they are alternatives. Maybe you can give them a try and compare prices.

What Guys Said 5

• i don't even drink coffee so that saves a lot of money

• Dunkin is good... If you find a good deli or coffee shop stick to it. Shop around.

• Dunkin donuts?I get the carmel iced coffee, it's a mouthgasm

• Yeah it would be a great choice if there was one near me. For some reason, those pretty much disappeared for the past years. It seems there are only Tim Hortons nowadays, who knows why. :(

• Oh that sucks :/ I pass up like 4 on the way to work lol

• Starbucks is really expensive. Teeccino makes an excellent herbal coffee alternative, but it's also costly. However, it's not acidic.

What Girls Said 1

• buy your own latte machine. Tassimo, Keurig, Oster.. there's tons out there. And this also cuts down on your waste from buy all those paper cups