How do guys feel about a girl with surgery scars? Put off?

I've had open heart surgery and lots of scars on my body as a result, never had a boyfriend and wonder how they would react, am sure they would be curious but at the end of the day men are all about the visual...

If I told the person I was involved with he would definitely feel sorry for me and if I do not...i've kept a big part of me from him.

No win situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure A FEW guys will be put off, but probably not as many as you fear.

Scars wouldn't put me off. If I saw them, I'd feel sorry for the girl and ask her what had happened. I'd make sure to put in extra effort to make her feel good about her body.

Guys do care about visuals, true, but it's more "Does she have big boobs?", "Does she have a nice butt?", "Does she have a pretty face?", rather than "Is her body perfectly free of scars, stretch-marks, etc?"

I'm guessing these scars are on your chest area. I wouldn't even get to the position of seeing them unless I found the girl physically attractive anyway.

• These scars are yes my chest area my sides and my back, think the doc got a bit carried away lol.

There you go I would hate for someone to 'feel sorry' for me I do not care about these scars and do not care if anyone sees I do not see why I should have to hide it but then I do not want people to feel sorry! I cannot win

• Yes of course! China doll then? Lol, yes the future boyfriend that I might not ever have, not that I really want a relationship just curious. Also, I have never spoken to anyone about my scars, when I have mentioned it to a friend they don't seem to care tend not say anything and change the subject very strange.

• I'm sure you DO want a boyfriend, and I'm sure you'll find one eventually.