What's your theory on dimensions?

I know there are several varying theories on them, you have einsteins theory and steven hawkings (which was kinda built off einsteins etc) but I was wondering what y'all think (if any opinion) I kinda follow Einsteins theory of relativity (at least to my understanding I struggle with the physics side so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me) basically there are multiple "realities" going on at the same time. time and space are relative in these realities any number of possibilities can exist (our laws of science may not even exist in some) anyway like I said that may not really be off his version but I'm trying lol so yeah opinions facts whatever appreciated XP

This question has a poll!

• I don't care enough to think about it Vote A
  • My thoughts are below (read my answer douche bag) Vote B

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Read with Caution: I'm a theist so you may not like me ;)I think that time is a solid. Just like you can have a point, line, or 3d object...I think time in its entirety is a solid, but we can only see it like a line. We see in 2d like a hammerhead shark sees in 2d, but the world exists in 3d, which we can't see, because we don't have stereoscopic time vision with overlapping fields of view if you will.To answer your question: I think that our universe has a definite structure kind of like stories have a definite structure, but with the same number of uncertain things as stories have uncertain elements. We have free will, but certain things are bound to happen if we make various choices. Not every decision is determined, but "important" ones are already "determined". So I don't think there's such a thing as going back in time.I also think that there are many worlds, but not multiple realities. Worlds being defined as places that you couldn't get to, even if you traveled for an infinite amount of time. There are different sets of physical laws for every universe, but there is another reality - unbound by the physical laws of our particular (or any) universe that contains all of these.Sort of like you can have a game of chess - that is contained by all its particular rules - and checkers - which is bound by a whole other set of particular rules, some of which are similar, but others different...they both exist and were created in OUR world.Each game is like a universe. The rules to our universe are our laws of physics. But, just like we can sometimes allow an opponent to take back an occasional move in a game of chess, you could theoretically have something like miracles...occasional breaking of the laws of physics. However, the rules of physics must be obeyed almost always (just like in the game), or else, there would be no way to play and it would just be random pieces moving around randomly on a board. That's why we have physics and why cheating rules in general is inherently "bad conscience" to us.Thus, I believe that there could have been something like the big bang theory. There could be string theory, relativity, or any of these things...but at the end of the day, it's irrelevant. I think it's more important to learn about the rules of the "outside world" if you will - the place where all the games/universes are contained. I think that there is a God that made our world and could have made many others. The Big Bang only explains how something happened...once there was something to be exploded, but it does not explain why or where that infinitesimally small piece of something came from in the first place.Idk, obviously we can't KNOW any of this...but for me personally, it seems that the theistic point of view makes a whole lot more rational sense.So yes! I believe in multiple universes, multiple laws of physics, etc -- just not multiple realities.

• I gotcha that makes some sense, and no I don't really mind any theism lol so that wasn't gonna get to me

What Girls Said 4

• I believe in different dimensions. This is why some people can heal through prayer or whatever - it takes sources from another dimension.

• mk

• My theory on dimensions is based on quantum mechanics that all possibility that exist do in fact exist and that every moment we live is being repeated over and over again. The past, present, and future already have happened and are continuing to happen. The reason that we don't see the other dimensions (parallel universes) is because their is a barrier that is setup. However occasionally the barriers of the past may break down and we see images such as ghosts over and over again repeating what has already happened. The future can be seen too but in the the image of ghosts. It is seen through dreams. Their have been stories written about famous writers such as Mark Twain foreseeing the future during a rainstorm which also breaks down the barriers because it changes the direction of how light is bent. I also think DNA also acts as another dimensional barrier, in that each time we make a decision it codes our DNA specifically to the dimension.(Biologists still do not understand why DNA replicates itself a trillion times per second; it could be because we can make one out of a trillion decisions per second). Our DNA has a certain magnetic field frequency that is unique so it is the same in all dimensions but like I said the decisions we make separate us from our other counterpart self. Occasionally we can communicate with them using the magnetic field but it comes out as intuition. They might have done something that you didn't do. For example having a different career path or having a different lifestyle. When we die the electromagnetic energy is released and since magnetic energy is eternal it can cross into other dimensions of space and merge with the same signature electromagnetic energy and this is what I believe is the entire spiritual self.

• cool stuff

• I use a measuring tape to get dimensions. As far as multiple realities...of course there are.

• Health, it is a funny thing.Little atoms constitute a people, flesh and blood, with consciousness and consciousness, thoughts and ideas, life and love.This puzzling solutions where, magical nonsense.Great God in the universe to make the play, and then let the Devil with death to get us off.How to, where to go?

• im not really understanding this sorry

What Guys Said 3

• 8 dimensions, like in M theory.3 spatial dimensions1 time-space dimension (time)2 energy dimensions, etheric energy and electromagnetic energy states. Because a dimension is a measurable variable affecting the existence of an object, and matter is made of electric and magnetic energy. 2 thought states, thought and feeling. In observer effect, our observation of an object determines it's actions. So our thoughts and feelings determine the existence of an object.Though I think we will only keep thinking up of new things that determine our existence. I personally think there are an infinite amount of possibilities, so there must be an infinite amount of dimensions by definition.

• that could make sense so do you think our own existence is just because we think it is so or are merely the figment of someone elses imagination? or do you have a separate view on our own "reality?"

• Show Older
    • Well for a start our existence is impossible. Black holes and singularities are impossible, it doesn't make sense how you can put an infinitely dense object into 0 amount of area. It should be impossible for the universe to expand, since the universe is defined as everything, so what does it expand into? If there is a time-space field, what attaches that field emptiness, how does it exist? Everything seems impossible :P

• not sure about some of it (perhaps just don't understand what you're saying) but that bit about what universe expands to is very true

• M theory has 5 variations, all of which rely on 10 dimensions (8 spatial, 2 time) but all of those 5 variations can be combined mathematically into one unified theory if you increase the number of dimensions to 11.Mathematically, it's too beautiful not to be true. So both Einsteins relativity is correct, and Hawkings theory of Imaginary Time are correct, but there are 6 more spatial dimensions compactified down to the quantum level.Our universe is on a p-brane, and was probably formed by the collision of two m-branes in a higher dimensional space.

• interesting

• Since matter can not be created or destroyed it seems to me that another dimension in which the laws of physics are different must exist, and it was from that dimension that our universe was created.

• makes sense, the other theory I've heard on this is that Dark matter (basically nothing) actually has a quantifiable charge and thus with all these particles bouncing around an explosion (aka big bang) was inevitable and that the universe is constantly doing this cycle big bang, then implosion, then explosion etc

• Show Older
    • oh yeah there's way too many godamn theories. hurts my head after a while

• But then wouldn't you have to say, "For you and I, matter can not be created or destroyed"? It is all so very confusing I agree. Great answers to a great question.