What exactly is twerking?

I know that's the dance that Miley Cyrus did, but

to me it just looked like she stuck her ass in Robin

Thicke's face lol. But, I hear a lot about this "twerking"

and I have no clue what it is lol. So, could someone kindly

tell me what it is exactly? Thankies : )

Most Helpful Guy

• According to the Oxford dictionary : link

For a good visual Idea of what twerking is (Miley is very average) : link

just for lols. Read in David Attenborough's voice link

link

Overall twerking has been around for centuries, but I only started hearing about it around 2010. A lot of good and bad (mostly bad) has been said about it by I say let people express themselves link

What Guys Said 11

• It is the mating dance of women that drives men crazy. Youtube search twerking or twerk team

• Twerking is when a female shakes her buttocks in such a fashion that it jiggles and moves around a lot. There are two ways to do this: Moving the hips back and forth in a fast and forceful motion or simply bobbing the behind up and down.

Twerking used to be reserved for dirty dancing in clubs and such (like grinding) but has now bled into mainstream pop culture. Women of all ages (even men) twerk to either attract mates of the opposite sex, to show off or for "fun".

• If it is what miley ciris did. I feel sorry for that guy on stage lol. I could see maybe if there were say it might be OK if there were some beer models in bikinis doing it and it was just us in a room or something but miley cyris was really ugly through that whole performance

• Miley needs to stop trying to force people to notice she's older now.. it's getting really old and lame now.

• its just shaking a fat ass so unattractive I don't know how people find it "hot"

• Not necessarily "fat" because clearly miley has none at all

• Well I am a slim girl but I still have a well rounded ass that is noticeable. Miley was flat like a pancake and it looked saggy.

• yea thts what most girls tht twerk have...and miley needs to stop...

More from Guys
6

What Girls Said 11

• It means shaking your butt

• miley is a terrible dancer. to see twerking, just YouTube it.

• another pointless trend that doesn't look good.

• Miley Cyrus did that wasn't twerking it was grinding, people putting wrong labels on stuff. Twerking is a dance no grinding involved go low enough to the ground bending the knees, like a squat, and just popping your butt in backwards and forward motions to the beat and if your confident or skilled enough that's when you can do one cheek at a time, bounce with it, or upside down/handstands. People have been doing it for years, just for fun party dancing not necessarliy dirty. Why it's getting so much attention now? Guess we're running out of dances recycling old ones.

• Twerking = dirty dancing

More from Girls
6