What is the difference between handsome, gorgeous, and classy?

To me the words means pretty much the same, one means another pretty much but does anyone see a difference between the three words?

As well as what's the difference between good/great looking and handsome? I don't see difference but it tend to mean different to someone

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Handsome - (Usually used to describe a male), That has very good looks.

Gorgeous - (Usually used to describe either a man/or woman), but mostly women who have very good looks.

Classy - A behavior or personality trait, (Ex. not cursing, very polite, dresses very nicely (nothing provocative or trampy), has manners.

• So if I say to my friend he's a great looking its the same as good looking and handsome right? Some tend to take it wrong. Does it really mean sexy because if so that's not what I meant .

• No, not at all.

A man that is secure of himself and his sexuality can give another man a compliment.

There's nothing gay about it.

• Would it be a compliment to tell my friends that? I don't mean in gay way though.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 13

• handsome-masculine version of saying beautiful

gorgeous- is this person has killer looks. the are "to die for!" can be used for male or female

classy- is a style/behavior. its hard to attain

• when used to describe a person handsome and gorgeous refer to looks. classy is about atmosphere and quality.

• Gorgeous mean your beautiful and classy means you carry yourself in a good way (respectful way)

• it's all the same for me. But I guess different people have different definitions.

• classy doesn't have anything to do with your physical attractiveness

• Handsome: Looks nice (like put together, not sloppily dressed). A strong face (no weak chin or beady eyes). Looks like a man, not a boy.

Handsome (for women): Put together well. More manly features. Isn't a pretty woman, but she seems powerful and isn't the least bit sloppy.

Gorgeous (for men): Handsome, but also with rugged good looks. A fabulous smile and hair that wouldn't look weird being flipped out of his eyes as he walked up onto the beach out of the water.

Gorgeous (for women):

Classy: Polite. They don't point out others' bad points (in public). They have something kind to say about everyone (even if it's just "Well, he hasn't killed anyone lately"). It has nothing to do with material goods. This is the person you wouldn't be embarrassed to introduce to your parents (as a friend or anything) and the person you'd trust not to teach your kids swear words.

Those are what I consider the words to mean.

• I would think that everyone think the word "good-looking" differently. There is one friend of mine said I am a great looking guy he is straight with a girlfriend I don't think it was weird but I do appreciate him for knowing that. I say it to my friends they appreciate it to but when I say it to some people they feel weird but they are usually the bad guys.

• As for your update, "great looking" would be someone I personally find attractive. (Like I like tall skinny boys, but not everyone would agree that that is great looking). The difference between this and the others is that it's entirely up to the person saying it.

• Handsome : adjective

1. (of a man) good-looking.

• (of a woman) striking and imposing in good looks rather than conventionally pretty.

• (of a thing) well made, imposing, and of obvious quality

Gorgeous : adjective

beautiful; very attractive • informal very pleasant

Classy : adjective

stylish and sophisticated

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Classy is a self-defeating word. Think about it: anything described as classy generally isn't. Classy now means "having superficial trappings of wealth." Fake marble, fake gilt, fake blond hair, and loud jewelry. Unless you want to imply that something is faux-elegant, use elegant or sophisticated instead. It's hard even to use classy ironically—better to use swanky.

Gorgeous is feminine adj. to describe something that is above pretty and cute, equivalent to beautiful but lesser than a stunning or jaw dropping.

Handsome is masculine adj. referring to the same of gorgeous but more manly of quite good looking.

• Ah that explained what the "Dang Handsome coffee" means

• to me gorgeous is the greatest compliment a guy can give a girl. it is saying that she's not just another "hot" girl but she's beautiful and unique in her own way that makes her more than just "hot".

when I think of a guy as being "handsome" I think of him dresesd up in a suit, mainly with masculine facial features and it being more about looks. he's more than cute, and above just "hot"

classy is the way someone acts. this doesn't have to do with physical features. it's about manners, grace, and the way someone carries him/herself and handles situations. for example a classy girl will not exceed more than her limit when she's out drinking (more than likely stay below her limit) she won't be dressed like she needs attention, or act like an attention whore, she will be able to be confident and charismatic but not into herself. she will not be playing flip cup or beer pong with the guys either.

a classy guy has manners and knows how to treat a woman. he won't treat her like a piece of "a$$" and will open doors, pull out chairs and offer to pay for dinner. he makes plans in advance with a girl, not the night of, and is a true gentleman. he's also not playing flip cup or drinking out a beer funnel because his college days are fun memories but not for someone who is an adult now.

**classy does NOT mean that someone can't have fun or that theyre stuffy. it simply means they have fun in a different way - one that doesn't include throwing up in trash cans

• classy...antonym for slutty and trashy..especially trashy

I think it's an exclusion or inclusion party...mostly exclusion, you can be handsome but not classy and vice versa

And I think women who are very trashy are not often called gorgeous..maybe hot or bangable but not gorgeous

• handsome is somebod like liam hemsworth

gorgeous is like jared padalecki

classy is like brad pitt

• i wouldn't say brad pitt is classy...leaving your wife for another woman is the opposite of classy in my book

• Handsome: extremely tall, skinny, artistic looking and attractive

gorgeous: good looking in any way

classy: smart, humble, respectful, sophisticated, shrewd, complex, intelligent, good manners, accommodating, educated.

• handsome=classic good looking

classy=high class, not sleazy. refined, dignified, has manners and class.

gorgeous=extremely good looking

• I think they are the same too but I see that people take the words differently? Because-one of my straight friend with a girlfriend said I am a great looking guy which I appreciated him. When I say it to my other friends some appreciated it some don't but those that think it's weird are usually the mean ones. What do you think?

• they are really the same

• Yeah I see and what's then difference between good looking and handsome?

• Show Older
  • Handsome is a term used to describe how good looking a guy is

Classy - is a dressing sense some have it some don't. Like casual etc. I'm told my dressing style is classy

Gorgeous - again is a term used to describe looks this time for both female and male. It's got a slightly higher ranking than handsome. It can also be used to describe other things ie. Clothing

What Guys Said 6

• In my opinion, handsome is for men.

Gorgeous is for women who seem colorful, meaning her smile matches her beauty and personality.

Classy, means you dress yourself well and know exactly how to behave to gain attention and power through a unique technique.

OR

Classy could also mean very well matured.

• These all mean different things to different people.. Most people have a seriously jaded idea of them too.

• handsome means handsome (good looking male term), gorgeous means very good looking unisex term. classy is a type of look has to do with a personality LOOK not looks wise

• Nothing.

• In order, James Bond, gay p*rn actots, and the "most interesting man in the world" commercial dude.

• I think that being gorgeous is purely a physical trait.

Being handsome is about 75% looks and 25% composure or confidence.

Being classy is all about character.