I think I'm ready to have a baby and my boyfriend is ready to have a baby, but other people don't like the idea.

me and my boyfriend want a baby but some people don't think we are old enough to but I have the money and the time he has a job but we are not marred what do you think should I have a baby or not

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 10

What Guys Said 5

• Selected as most helpful

If you have the following, I say sure: 1.100,000 for your child to go party in college 2. About 10.00 to spend on diapers every 3 days until your child is potty trained at age 2 or three 3. 8.00 for the smallest can of formula when breast-feeding gets way too painful (you'll need to buy a new can about every 2-3 days until age 2 or 3. 4. About 100-150.00 to keep buying new clothes for that baby who is going to grow one or two sizes every month or so. 5. A couple hundred for the crib, a safe one, unless you think one with squeaky hinges and splintered wood will do(it wont). 6. A place to stay, about 400-1000 dollars a month, for when you get tired of your parents or your parents get sick of telling you how irresponsible you are( this will happen, no matter how sweet things are now) 7. A stable baby-sitter for when you have to go to school and get a job because your loving amazing mature boyfriend rather go hang with his buds and flirt with problemless babyless responsibiltyless Sarah from your math class. 8. A job permit and some work history because there are people out there who have doctorate degrees who will be trying to get that job at McDonalds you need so bad just to feed you and your baby. 9. Breast-feeding pump, the bottles that are needed for it, regular bottles, baby wash, lotion, towels, car seat, car for doctor appointments, insurance for doctor appointments, gas for car, baby food for every day after milk but before age 2 or three, money for a coat for the baby in winter(new coat every winter, babies grow fast), coffee(lots of it, babies love to wake up needing something at 5 a.m.), patience, thick skin(people judge young parents harshly sadly). 10. Someone who will stick with you even after your boyfriend leaves because you gained a couple of pounds and are too emotional, your parents are to disappointed to look at you, and your friends start to disappear because of the strain a baby can have on relationships. Babies are people, real people that young people liike you bring into the world everyday, not knowing what really happens. Wait until you're older, the baby, you, and your boyfriend will have a much better chance at making it, and becoming a real stable loving family. Also, notice how above none of you and your bf's needs are included, that's because when you become a parent nothing is about YOU anymore. Enjoy life as it is. Go party. I hope you make the right decision. good luck.

• you may think your ready but you are def. NOT MENTALLY READY. don't be daft your a baby yourself.

• Haha yea guess what, I have a friend that thought so to and she's a sh*tty ass mom I feel bad for her son.

She's told me before she hates being a mom

I've heard her yell at him at 6 months and get kind of aggressive with him and try to force feed him because she THOUGHT she was ready when in all reality she wasn't

And her son is a really good baby he only cries for ffood or a nap. Usually she sticks him in his swing or jumper.

He was once left in his jumper so long he had an opened wound that developed into staph infection. Knowing that it hurts just shoved him back off in th jumper again and again. she tried to hide it but because I was his constant baby sitter I ofcourse saw it and she got all bitchy when I mentioned he needs to see a doctor.

She propped his bottles almost every time.

She expected me to watch him 24/7 and I have a 2 year old of my own.

Yea, how ready do you think she actually was?

• Don't do it.Get a doll instead.

• Are you insane?

I find it hard to believe your boyfriend has enough money to pay bills + support you and a baby.

I got pregnant at 17.

I a HUGE csection bill that I can't pay.

I had to pay about 300 a month for baby stuff

I got to wake up 3+ times a night for 3 months with no help

You have to give them constant attention or they skip into depression, I saw this first hand because my bff who wanted a baby so bad is a crappy mom and hates it

You don't have time to eat/bathe/put on makeup

You get jelouse of all your friends partying and having alife and realize your not gonna have one for a long time.

You think it'll be easier when they're walking and talking yea it gets harder.

they have our on your feet 24/7 literally and still you don't get sleep.

Aside from all that do you know how scar it is to be a parent?

If you drop them you can screw them up for life

They can die from sids while your asleep

if you don't watch them good enough they can get very hurt or die

When you leave them in someone elses hands you worry constantly

Some chick here in NM left her one month old with her boyfriend when she came home the baby had been molested and was dead he blames it on drugs but that's just a copout BS lie

• Oh ps teen dads suck! They don't want to be a dad even if they stay in the babies life. Your mans not gonna wanna be a dad anymore after a week no matter how badly he wants to be a dad now

• You have enough money? Do you have any idea how much it costs to raise a child today? Even married couples who are much older with higher education and carers struggle to support a child. Not only are children a large expense financially, but you need to make sure you understand that you will be taking care of and raising another human being. They are dependent on you. You're not even 18, you're still a child yourself. You haven't had that much time to just live it up and have fun. A child is not something you can have and then decide you don't want him or her anymore. But hey maybe you are an exception and you some how have enough money to raise a child and you are mature enough to do so, I don't know. I just think there a lot of teenagers out there who say they want a baby without really considering how much of responsibility it is.

• I can give you all of the advice in the world but,

at the end of the day,

It is all your choice.

You will be smacked in the face with a hardcore dose of reality when you realize just how hard it is to care for a child.

Good luck <3

• Marry him first, and maybe wait a few more years to work on your career or family and friends, before you have a huge responsibility on you. Party while you can!

• wait until you are married or you risk you guy ditching you and leaving you to raise the kid alone and if your parents/friends aren't on board with the idea now they probably won't help you out.

• No!