Is it BAD if a guy asks for YOUR number instead of giving you HIS?

If a guy REALLY likes you, he would give you HIS number cause he wants you to call - right?

& If he does NOT it is cause he is worried you will call & BOTHER him..

Well that is WHY I would not want to give anyone my number - guy or girl. So I naturally assume it is the same for a guy.

I see what everyone is saying, & I SUPPOSE that it would be rather confusing if two people ha numbers with no plan, cause you never know if the other person is NOT CALLING or just WAITING FOR YOU lol

The thing IS is that when we met,
we EXCHANGED numbers... & he ASKED me to call him BEFORE he called me ( actually when he DID call there was DISASTER with my room mates & he did not call back after that incident)

NOw he asked for my number. & I said :
" OR, I could call YOU "

He said :

" No - no , I'll call YOU "

So maybe he does not want me to call him? .. Tho the one difference, is he has a bunch of roommates now, lat time he lived a lone - Maybe THAT is it.

I Hope ^ ^

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 2

• I prefer they ask for my number just because when a guy drops off his number on a piece of paper, that really seems like he's just looking at me like I'm a booty call. Don't ask me why...I have more respect for guys who have the guts to ask for my number first.

• Ah. That is good to hear. I could see practically, that this way I know that f he does not call he is not interested & I don't have to worry but I would e ok with having his number too.

one is enough unless you make an agreement on when to call. lol

I wonder why you see it as booty call tho - interesting, I see it that he does not want you bothering him if he does not give you his number haha lol

:-)

• NO! WRONG! Sorry, but I always give a guy my number and girls should do this. It proves...that if the guy is really THAT interested in you--he will call. If he dosen't you find out that he wasn't worth you're time. Also, when you give your number..you have the upper hand. Now on the flipside, when you take his number...you have to call him...and he may not be interested...

• I was just wondering if he would not want to give you his number cause he did not want you to call him...?

& What if he invites you over a bunch ,& you guys hangout & he does not spend time with anyone else, but never calls - well if you changed number before he could call - now I won't now haha.

Thing I want to know is isn;t it BAD that there is a REASON he wants your number & does not want to give you HIS...?

why doesn't he ant to GIVE his number I guess lol

• Don't sit around waiting for his call if he calls , he calls, that way you don't feel disappointed in the end if he doesn't call.

• I am not WAITING lol

First of all I don't have enough patience to wait for normal things as it is lol

Second I see ihm like EVERY DAY ,i think I would feel more awkward if he DID call I'd b like I just TALKED to you lol

I was really more curious about WHY he did not want to give me HIS number that's all.

I don't usually talk on the phone to ANYONE*

I was not expecting him to ASK for my number, so it was a shock & I just immediately said I could alternatively have HIS-

I don't know WHY*

• So this guy has your number?

• Because if you?re saying that he has your number, he called you only once and due to some Disaster with so your roommates the conversation did not go well, and he hasn?t called you since , and he does not want to give you his number, that does sort of sounds like he doesn?t want you to call him maybe he has a girlfriend and is afraid you might call him at a time when she is there or something, or maybe he will call you later since I?m assuming he called you yesterday.

• Yeah - yesterday - why?

• Not necessarily , some guys ask for your number because they think if you take their number you would not call so insted they take your number and they do call, well for me they do, because usually if I take a guy's number that's because I'm not going to call him and I didn't give him my bacause I don't want him to call me.

• No, I have to disagree. I have never met a guy that gave me his number without getting mine. It's more common for a guy to ask for a girl's number if they like them. Please don't assume that lol

• Selected as most helpful

No, it's because he is worried he'll give you his number and you'll never call him. Plus, it's usually up to the guy to initiate, so what appears more confident to women and shows attraction? Asking for their number, which takes some courage and shows that you like them and would like to call them, or giving your number to some girl and just sitting back and hoping she calls you one day? I hope the guy you REALLY like doesn't come along one day and ask for your number, because I guess you aren't going to give it to him, right? :)

• Lol

I don't TAKE anything from ANYONE, girl guys or monkeys.. & I am VERY carful about not feeling beholden to anyone, so I like to keep things in the balance.

I do not understand where all this ' girls take money from guys thing comes from.

I though guys paying was totally old fashioned, I am SHOCKED about how much hear about it.

I never let anyone PAY for me.

Men on average make more than woman, for the same JOB, same dollar.

I don't DO THIS but -Maybe it's thought of as compensation?

• Yeah, but you can handle taking half my stuff when you're done with me. Rules of convenience. Anyway, he probably wanted YOUR number because he figured you were asking for his so that you could just forget about him and wouldn't have to call him OR worry about him calling you since you didn't like him.

• No. lol

He DID ask for my number.

I said:

" OR I guess I could call you"

He said :

"No no no- give me YOUR number "

I WONDER if he was worried about me calling him*

Tho for sure, I think it would suck for BOTH to have the others number, cause it would be too confusing - too ambiguous^

However, I see no reason it should be up to the GUY.

It NEVER was appropriate, but especially not NOW-

Seriously,in the army, lawyers,doctors,scientists etc

^ I THINK they can handle calling a guy :-)

• ok you go the don't call me I'll call you... forget it

• Ok. Cool haha *

• I agree lol

• " ok you go the don't call me I'll call you... forget it " lol

That to me sounds like a disaster, everyone would NEVER call or I they did it would be like am I calling before she / he was gonna call? .... I can't tell if you are being facetious or not (?)