Girls with mostly guy friends?

How does this happen? Why don't they date any of them... or did they?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 47

What Guys Said 12

• Selected as most helpful

When I was single, most of my friends were guys. I had girl friends too, but I hung out with the guys more. They were all like big brothers to me. And I had more fun around them. Guys are more simple, and they don't start drama. I never hooked up with any of them, or dated any, but after awhile of hanging out and becoming close, some have fallen for me, which then made things really complicated. And which kinda ruined the friendship. Not just between me and the guy, but for the whole group. I know, it's stupid, but it happens, and it's happened to me a lot.

Now that I have a boyfriend, I've quit hanging out with guys (well the group kinda drifted apart anyway). I do it because I don't want to cause any more problems, and because I know it bothers my boyfriend -- he doesn't believe that a guy can be bestfriends with a girl without falling for her some day.

I do have a male bestfriend, whom I've known for a couple of years now. We are like brother sister. We used to hang out everyday, and talk alot, but since I started dating, we've lessen the hanging out, etc, but we are still there for each other when we both need someone to talk to or a true friend to run to. He understands the situation. And I respect his space with his girlfriend. It was sad at first because we thought our friendship was over, but we realized it was just our lives that changed, and our friendship is still the same, and is still growing.

• I wish my girlfriend wa smor elike you. its not so bad when her other guy friends have g/f's. but when they are single, and leave comments on her FB like " I want to take you bowling and tell everyone how hott my date is". kinda pisses me off, and then I'm the bad guy for being controlling, like wtf, all I said was itbothered me and hoped that maybe she would react like you did and not want to see him out of respect for me.. instead she says I'm telling her whop she can and can't see.. WTF!

• Ivalways had more guy friends than girls and really truth is girls don't always get along with each other. Guys are cool to talk to and really its just easier.

• I've found that guys are more chill and forgiving. I like to drink and when I go out with the guys they're all down. If I say stupid sh*t or act like an idiot it's no biggie. With my girlfriends, they get so offended. They feel like they have to be a 'babysitter' which is ridiculous, they hold grudges about the situation, etc. Also, maybe this is just a personal thing, but I've noticed that guys are more willing to hang out in large groups where girls are more cliquey. I've found that my girlfriends will often disclude me from a lot of outings for no other reason then they like to keep their group to three or four people yet my guy friends will invite as many people to hang out as possible and have more of a "the more the merrier" mentality.

• I know! girls really don't like the group thing. which is kinda weird. and it usually convinces me that guys must just be more fun. but I'm kinda wondering now, how can there be so many girls that think the same thing I do but yet I don't know any of them?

• "IN MY OPINION"

Guys are more straightforward, therefore, easier to understand.

Guys are funnier.

Guys whine less, bitch less, over-dramatize less, obssess less, backstab less.

Guys think about different things than girls.

Guys only let certain women into their secret worlds - many women believe they are truly friends with guys that really haven't let them in.

Guys do start thinking of female friends as "sisters" or "buds" so be careful what you wish for.

THEREFORE,

Guys don't usually date their "real" female friends. Guys have categories for females, once they put you in the "buddy" category, it's like there's no going back. Guys have a hard time reversing that feeling to "girlfriend". (This is based on the assumption, they are truly friends.)

• I don't really agree, I think that we don't usually date "real" friends because its too much of a risk to lose a good friend. And that makes it a lot more daunting too

• ...I just get along better with them...Guys aren't likely to stab you behind your back as many girls are and they re not soo dramatic as girls can be sometimes...They are more outgoing, funny and easier to talk to...Its not like I'm the tomboy type, I can be feminine when the situation demands it...Its just that I can connect more with them...i like helping them with their problems and giving them advise when they need it...and no, I don't crave attention like so many guys said in comments, it's not my character like this...I just connect with them more as I said be4...its nothing wrong with it...And no I don't think I would ever date one of them even if smn started having feelings for me- it has happened to me before and it was uncomfortable :-s-...its like a sister-brothers relationship...

...

• Yes I have to agree. Its a trust issue. I was bullied for 8 years by girls and yes it was horrible. I only got friends(guys) because of a massive interest in sport. There's no bullsh*t with guys if they have a problem with you they tell you. To be friends with a girl you nearly have to shed blood for her and even then its not guaranteed. As for the "attention whores" you've just proved my point. If a woman feels threatened by another woman she will cut her down perhaps you've a jealousy issue

• It's healthy to have friends of both sex's, but generally women with more guy friends than women are "ATTENTION WHORES" guys should RUN RUN RUN from these double standard self-centered women!

• Is it possible... The reason guys won't bad mouth you or break your trust for them is because if they do that, they will never be able to get in your pants? its possible...

• I hate to say it, but this was the EXACT case for my ex girlfriend and it was hell dating her.. I doubt it's always the case but with her it was.

• Throughout middle and most of high school, I had more male friends than female friends. I wasn't an attention whore. Actually, I'm pretty introverted and can be shy sometimes. It just so happened that I wasn't as girly as the other girls, and didn't like to sit around and listen to them while they talked about clothes and fingernails and boyfriends and all their girl problems.

I just could relate better to the guys. They were more fun to be with.

• Show Older
  • I only have guy friends because girls cause drama. My guy friends are so laid back and not in to drama. Just like me.

• i've always been the girl hanging out with dozens of boys

im not a tom boy, as a matter of fact I'm farrr from it. (highlights, big purses, nails done, hair done, always dressing up). I just happen to get along with them.

of course people talk sh*t saying they only talk to me because I do things with them

which is a COMPLETE lie. they're like my brothers.

however, I've talkedd (flirted) with some but that's just a part of life.

sometimes its just easier to talk to the opposite sex.

• I hang out with all guy friends and I grew up with mostly sisters and girls are always in thier moods so I hang out with guys to avoid the drama, and it has worked. With the few gfs I still have left they're all fighting and in some drama just like I would expect from them. But, I do like one of my guy friends and I would give the world to be with him but, I'm not exactly sure where we stand right now...

• well I have more good guy friends than female friends because girls are too emotional/whiny/dramatic for me. I grew up with brothers so I'm more used to having male company than female company, and my sense of humour is very much like a guy's, so girly girls tend to be put off with my jokes and stuff. even my good female friends are more tomboy-ish in nature. sure some of my good guy friends have had interest in me before, but once we got past that, the friendship was as solid as a rock. also, arguments between guys resolve faster. girls tend to brood over it and it's so annoying.

• i have more guy friends. they are easier to get along they don't talk sh*t like girls. they are funny and outgoing. finding a girl friend is hard because they bring drama=[

• i have been bestfriends to my boys since ever..they are the most secretive creations ever made..you can share every details of yourlife and they won't bother spelling it out to the world than most girls do.yeh girls always wants hidden compititions and sometimes they even snatch your boyfriend,guys are more easy to talk to they listen to you whine about your boyfriend and give you best ideas on how to deal with men,they are blast to hangout with,you don't always feel uncomfortable if you have a bad hair day,they are there to tell you you look pretty good on that boys hollister on,and boys care about your feelings and gives you more sympathy and best truthful judgements.boys are there to protect you and scare away bullies and you would feel like a princess when you're around them they always tend to care for you like you're their little sisters and in return you do the same to them...dont get me wrong I have girls too and I'm just lucky I have good boys and girls around me...i love them both in deffirent way,i like my girls when shopping,gossips hehe dolling up and girls out..but I don't spell any secrets about my man I only share it to my one bestest friend..

• i have always had more guy friends than girl friends. guys are easier to talk to and they don't go around telling my business to everyone or their best friends like girls do. I won't date my guys friends mainly for the simple reason of if it went bad and I wouldn't want to ruin the friendship or make it awkward.

• One of my best friends is my ex boyfriend... I have lots of guy friends,aswell as the girls... And my guy friends never expect me to dress up like other guys might,just feel very comfy around them.

• HILARIOUS. Except not really... Some girls just have more guy friends just because they do. Our group is a mixture of both. And real women? Believe me... They can compete.

• Why some girls only have guy friends?? Because the are insecure and can't compete with real women! Hahaha!

• I'm only friends with guys, I think girls have too much drama with them, so much worry over what to wear or what not to wear. Guys are just easier, more go with the flow. After connecting with a guy through a friendship its hard to become anything more

• Thats easy...

I grew up around all guys. You are way easier to be ourselves with expecially if we are really outdoorsy and athletic which is more a guys thing then a girls.

• My reason! with guys there usually isn't any/or less drama, girls tend to be moody. guys just go with the flow and usually just want to have fun. There just easier to be around.

• I enjoy hanging out wit' my guy friends. Its just that there's no romantic feelings for each other, purely friends...

• I have a lot of guy friends and the subject of dating just doesn't come up between us. (most of the time) I think its my sense of humor that's more similar to a guys and girls can be annoying. But I'd say only 50% of my friends are guys. It just seems like more because I like spending more time with them.

• I had mostly guy friends. I just got along better with them. We shared more of the same interests and saw things the same way more so than the females I had encountered. I didn't date them because some would never had made it as my boyfriend, others I just weren't attracted to in that way.

• yeah...im one of those girls. well I don't have all guy friends its almost balanced but the guy side definately powers a little bit. I personally have a lot of guy friends because their like 5 million times less dramatic when I hang around girls all the time I go crazy because a lot of the girls around here are very dramatic. I don't date any of them because it could make things worst in the end. but I am really good friends with my ex. I think it just means a girls either A. looking for some attention or in my case B. just more down to earth.

• Show More
  • I have a friend that is exactly like this! She is one of the guys and seen all the sh*t girls or they do to each other and just don't want no drama. When girls are around guys along time they pick up what not to date easier then girls that have barely any guy friends. Tough luck to any tom girl you might be interested it

• i know this answer! lol

its because girls don't want to deal with the drama and plus girls get a lot more jealous easier

like lets say a guy calls up on of his guy friends to hang out and he says no (end of story) but if a girl calls up one of her girlfriends and wants to hang out and she says no oh man forget about it.

from my experiences the girls usually over analyze and think the worst and start to get jealous cause maybe they found a new friend to hang out with

• Lol! I agree with you. If one of my guyfriends is away for a few days and I forget to call him to see if they are okay because I am busy, they don't over analyze it. But if one of my girlfriends is away for a few days and I forget to call because I am busy, she thinks I don't like her anymore. I told her I was busy with studies and she said I expected you to call you are not a good friend. Now I am sick and she still hasn't called. hahaha..

• okay so I have this new girlfriend of about 2 months so far and we have actually fallen in love...and she has a lot of guy friends who text her all the time and stuff and ask her to come party...one day I brought up that it bothered me a lot and that I don't text girls and stuff she says I'm being controlling if I say she can't do that cause she would never do anything with them...but I thought that if she knew that it bothered me why do it? I mean cmon everyone gets jealous I think...like myself have some girl friends that I don't talk to as much anymore cause I knew it might bother her I don't know what to do I need some advice

• They did date them.

• Well they probably have a lot in common with those other guy or maybe they are just more in touch with their mascilen side. Like maybe they enjoy sport and since not a lot of girls do sport they meet a lot of guys and then become friends. But she probably just thinks of them more as friends then as people she wants to date.

Hope that helped.

• Girls don't know what they want. And they think its weird to date one of their best friends cause they see you as a "brother" instead of a "lover" lol.

But I really see no problem with it, I actually think its better to be friends with someone first before dating, that way you have some sort of connection with that person... You know?

• I don't necessarily disagree with all the responses here, I mean I can definitely see why girls would prefer male friends to girls. Less drama, less jealously, and less hassle. But I'll say this. It's very very odd that a guy will stay friends with a girl for purely platonic reasons. Most males won't admit to this but they do stay friends with girls for a specific reason, one way or another.

This could be because he has a crush on her but he can't bring himself to admit it, so he stays a "good" friend or becomes so by his "good intentions". Then the idea of friends with benefits definitely is a possibility if you have girls as good friends. A drunken night or a vulnerable night can lead to that. Another reason is that having many girls as friends or at least men believe that having so will lead to more chances of a hookup.

Now I know some might disagree but I have yet to see a really good guy friend who has no ulterior motives. In fact, girls, if you were to be brutally honest for a second and ask you guy friends if they really harbor feelings for you; you'd just might be surprised by the answers. My ex had at least 30+ "good" male friends before she met me, and more than 20 of them later admitted to wanting to have slept with her or liking her after we got even more serious and they spent less time as friends.

The most recent girl I dated also had her childhood male friend confessed as well. That's 15 years of waiting. The point is girls, is that it's really unlikely your male friend is truly wanting to be just that... a friend. I'm not saying they have bad intentions or their bad people in general, I'm merely stating the practicality.

• He wrote back "...honestly sort of...I mean you are super cute..."

Also he's been totally on my side for some things recently; it's too bad I'm not physically attractive to him at all...

• I don't totally agree with guys being this way but I do agree that that's the way some guys are.

I even have a guy friend that, though he admitted that he and a mutual were going out for a couple days about a month ago and he still has feelings for her, I suspected that maybe he also has a crush on me. Well recently one night he sent out a text saying that everyone whom gets it gets to ask him one question and he has to answer honestly. Well I asked if he has ever had a crush on me and...

• From the girls that I know that are like that, it's basically they say they can't stand all the drama of the girls. We don't stat drama.

• You're mostly right. I do know, however, some guys who get pretty dramatic and gossipy.

• A girl with virtually all guy friends rings attention whore alarms in my head. She's probably not an idiot and knows that many of them are just trying to (or previously tried to) work it from the inside. If, in spite of all this, she still keeps them all around and doesn't have many girl friends...attention whore seems a likely answer.

She may have very well have dated some. Attention whores are awesome at getting guys...they just don't know how to keep them (since they adopt whatever standards/personality of the guy they're dating).

She may also just be incredibly guy-like in her communication modes and interests. Even then, many other guys will probably still be more guy-ish and make more compatible friends for other guys.

• Some of the guys they get validation from, some they might be having sex with, others may fill an emotional void, etc. Different guys for different needs. Beware women that have mostly or all guy friends. There are definite trends and red flags with those kinds of women.

And the wild part, they all say the same thing...that they're just friends, that the guys don't think of them that way (being attracted), blah blah blah. We all know guys that are friends with hot women will bang them in a heartbeat if ever presented the opportunity. With that kind of threat being held over your head why put yourself through that kind of grief?

• Personally, I've found that much of the "niceness" and "consideration" I see (from guys and girls alike) is only done to get something back in return, whether it be attention, validation, or a quid-pro-quo expectation.

That orbiter link summarizes a number of unabashed agendas of both guys and girls. A girl that knowingly keeps around a bunch of guys with agendas is at fault herself for those decisions.

• You're treading on thin ice there haha. Some of the most modest, considerate and genuine girls find all or most of their friends to be guys. I have a few more guy friends partially because of horrible experiences with girl friends. What red flags do you see?

• its pretty to easy understand how it happens considering girls don't easily get along with each other like guys do with other guys.

• I know a lot of girls who have mostly guy friends because they say "Girls are all bitches. Any girl friends I've had just were too much drama." I actually know a lot of girls who avoid being friends with girls except in special cases.

• @Nutz76:

My guy friends don't worship the ground I walk on, or take me to dinner, or things like that. I just can relate to them better because I'm not interested in clothes and hairstyles and shopping as much as other girls are.

• @Nutz76.

I agree.

• Wow that's very deep.. are girls really that mean?

• Show Older