Are you average, above or averagly average looking?

In recent years many studies and surveys have gone out in the western world. And they have reached this conclusion.

72% of people consider themselves above average looking. Obviously this is impossible because of what average means.

So what do you think about this? Why is it? Are you above average?

Is it because beauty is opinion? Is it because people are hopelessly conceited? (Let me say something here. Every country had the same phenomenon. To the biggest extent the US to the least the UK but everyone had the discrepancy.)

So. Tell me how attractive you think you are. and tell me what you think of this phenomenon

This question has a poll!

51% people have said above average so far. hmmmmmm
holy sh*t. 91 notifications. My best Q ever. THanks everyone

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 64

What Guys Said 34

• Selected as most helpful

I think people typically think of me as "pretty" or below average, but I've seldom encountered people who thought of me as average. However, I think of myself as average, generally, at least.

Those stats surprised me. I though people tended to think worse of themselves, but maybe they just pretend they do in public, even though they don't actually believe that... Also, I definitely believe beauty is an opinion! However, I also think some people are considered above average more frequently than others. And, last thing, as clichéd as this sounds, I believe everyone is beautiful in some way.

• average

• I basically relate with all of the women here "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" ..depends on the person looking at me, depends on the day, depends on my mood, sometimes I'm average/below average and sometimes I feel gorgeous. I will go with above average because I have nice eyes and hair:)

• I think of myself as average.Definitely not conceded as you can tell.

• Umm..you tell me ;)

• I think it depends on my hair and makeup of the day and clothes too... some times I look really ugly and some times average

• im not a lover for myself, but I'm cute:)

• I'm average.

• average or slightly above average depending on who is looking at me.

• i think am either average or slightly above average . Some people do say am pretty but oh well everyone will see me differently.

• "72% of people consider themselves above average looking. Obviously this is impossible because of what average means."

Is it? It's not if the less-then average people are 'lesser' attractive than average than the above-average people are more attractive than average. Then the average would be lower than the mean and the mode.

• The standard deviation literally has 0 effect on that

• yep true, I voted average.

• Ooh, fun question!

I think there is a rational flaw going on. Beauty is still not completely objective, alas. I voted "I am freaking gorgeous", but that doesn't mean everyone is attracted to me. Also, you can't compromise on beauty. Some people love blondes, some people love brunettes. Having your hair something in between doesn't mean that BOTH blondes-lovers and brunettes-lovers will love you.

I voted "I am freaking gorgeous" because I think I am, to an extent of people. Some people will find me completely unattractive -- that's because my looks aren't compromised.

• sry wasn't suppose to be there...was for some1 else...

• u serious..?!

• I dunno. I think I'm kinda uglyyyy.

I put average I don't know -.-..

• your gorjus!

• Yeah...

But people tell me I'm beautiful.

Lies :O

• u serious...?!

• I'd say I'm a little above average.

But then again that's just my opinion there's people I've met who consider my apperance average.

• Your so pretty! Have confidence!

• you are so gorjus!

• I don't know how to answer this- I think I'm probably average but I get such serious reactions to my looks that I must be very good looking. I know I can be beautiful if I put thought it what I'm wearing- hair and makeup-blah blah

but last night this guy came up to me on my break at work and told me he would leave his fiancé for me, and I've had men want to have affairs with me and I'm copliments from men and women constantly and it seems like there's always someone looking at me. But last night I was in black jeans a nonlow cut shirt- big dumpy sweater and I had my hair up? I thought I looked sh*tty- I even put on a little lip stick so I'd feel a bit more confident- but I had guys all over me all night. So that's the answer I'm confused but I'm not ugly

• Freakin' gorgeous!

=D

Doesn't mean I always see myself like that, especially if I get a pimple:( ...but today I'm feeling pretty extraordinary...

• i put extreamly gorgeous and not because I'm concided because I'm not at all actually I'm very insecure but I'm only 16 and don't wear makeup and I get a lot of compliments so I guess that has to mean something.

• ive gotten better lookingin the past2 years ago. and I know I'm not gorgeous, but I still like acting conceided.

• I'm extremely pretty and look Japanese:)

• fugly.

• I'm average, I guess. Sometimes above average when dolled up.

• Show More
  • I'm a beast.

• I'm around an average.

• I think your question was nice but it's too bad you biased it (involuntarily).

You have an "above average" category, but instead of having a "below average" category you wrote "unattractive" which is very different than below average. That is why I believe 85% of people answer they are average of above.

• Im going with average because I constantly get the "Oh you remind me of this person!" or "I thought you were someone else" , gotta be pretty average to warrant those kind of comments

• Haha well thank you, that was actually really nice to hear :P

and my tattoos are usually covered (unless I'm topless) because they are for me so they aren't usually a problem

• You are definitely above average! Although I've gotta say I don't like tattoos :p

• way above average

• I don't rate my self girls do.

• I voted unattractive. Girl friends of mine have called me cute, sexy, hot, good-looking but I think hey just say those things because we're friends and they have to. I get no attention from girls otherwise.

• i voted unattractive for myself

• You are very welcome :)

• Way above average.

Sometimes I would like to be a girl just so I could try to have sex with myself.

• f*** this question, as if there is a standard..

as if there is a definition of the words ugly or beautiful.

f*** that, everyone is ugly, and everyone is beautiful.

I voted myself as 'above average', but that's MY perception of what beauty or attractiveness is, nothing else.

It's purely subjective, so please girls don;t be so insecure and post here that you're average or below average, hoping that guys will say that you're not ugly.

Nobody is ugly.

And if someone thinks you are ugly, he/she might not be that attractive to you!

• i think I'm above average. even if I'm not having confidence that I am makes up for it

• unattractive to average. somewhere in there.

• Below average, but my personality has made up for that in the past.

• i only know, because I am on plenty of fish, and have many woman telling me I am gorgeous, haha...im not bug headed, but gota believe all those woman. there words not mine :)

• i always wonder , because some girls say I'm f***ing hot and keep staring , and girls don't even look at me .. so I guess if I'm there type I'm hot , if I'm not I'm just average

• idk I thought I was ugly but I have been called cut by older girls lol

• I would say I'm average.

• Ehhh... above average. ;)

• I guess I'm average.

• Show More