Which is the best body part for a girl to get a tattoo?

Recently I've been thinking about getting a tattoo but I'm not quite sure what design and which body part to choose though I have some ideas. I am quite slim and I don't think a big tatto would suit me, so I'm thinking of something small like a flower or a butterfly or smth like that. As to which body part is most suitable I hesitate among the back of my shoulder/neck, lower back or ankle though may be the back of my shoulder is a favorite. Pain is not an issue. I will endure it. So what do you think, where on my body should I get a tatto and what design would suit me most. (I woluld like smth symbolic and uncoventional though not strikingly extraordinary)

I will appreciate all answers from guys and girls though people who have experience in tattoooing or any other art form will be very helpful. Anyway a great idea can come from anyone )

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 15

What Guys Said 38

• I think any part that's not going to be streched out by the time you're 70 is a good spot. A tat is 4ever and it's meant to look good, so look for a place on your body that makes the tat look good 4ever. As far as what you should get...you should have some idea of what you want. Otherwise you shouldn't get a tat. It should mean something to you. Maybe a person, a symbol. Something that is unique and nobody else has. Hope this helps! (:

• i have three and I think tattoos on your lower back, between your shoulder blades or hips could be really sexy if you want a small one and you should really think about what you get before you get it because you're gonna have it forever, what may be sexy now might not be in 15 years time.

• Butt cheek, like me! :P

• Are you saying my butt isn't sexy? lol

• No, thanks... my butt is too sexy for this :P

• Lower back, because it's very suductive. or your neck. Basically somewhere where you can hide it easily for the later years to come.

• i would get my arm done

• It depends on what you want to get.

• I have 5 tattoos and they all mean something special to me. They can all be covered by clothing (even in the summer) and a lot of people don't even realize that I have them. The hip is always a good starting point because it doesn't hurt and can be easily covered, but it is a typical place for a girl to get a tattoo. I have some on my feet and I love them but now that everyone has them they're definitely not unique. I think the lower back is so over done and is always associated with the kind of girls you wouldn't bring home to mom. The back is great because it'sbig and flat and gives you a lot of options as far as placement goes, but the biggest draw back is that you can't see them without a mirror (and since you should be getting a tattoo for you, it sucks that you can't admire it whenever you want to). On your side or ribs looks amazing and are practical (they don't really stretch, can easily be covered, and aren't exposed to much sunlight) but they hurt like a son of a bitch! Hope that helps!

• Inner wrist for a small tattoo

• I am also quite slim and I've got a tattoo on my foot, my rib cage (side) and my shoulder blade. in my opinion the shoulder blade hurt the least. your foot/ankle is where every chick gets a tattoo. I think the place I like the most is the rib cage. it hurt but is totally awesome. Its obviously easy to hide and is a cool surprise for people when they see you in a bathing suit or anything else that will show it. But make sure you get something meaningful to you, if its not then you will just end up hating it later in life.

• I think the most important thing is that you get a tattoo to express something, not just for the sake of having one. I got one on my hip when I was 16 and I regret it - because it means nothing. On the other hand, I have one covering my shoulder that I designed and I LOVE it. Think it through, and think about what you want your tattoo to say. That should tell you where it would look best, too :)

• Legs and arms...

• dont do it, tattoo's look tacky on women, especially coloured ones. you will look grimey and to be honest slutty. you're too pretty to go hiding what's naturally yours behind ugly inking. as ozzy osbourne says, if you wanna be different - don't get one!

• thanks. I have not decided yet, that's why I ask. may be I'll give up doing it.

• on your hip would be so cute

• My advice would be to get a small one if this is your first time, just to get used to the idea of something on your skin permanently. My first tattoo was small and meaningful, on my lower inner ankle (easy to hide for job interviews and such).

• You should get your tattoo on your back for a few very simple reasons. The skin on your back is least likely to stretch with weight gain/loss and ageing. And you can cover it when you need to look professional. (Unless I go swimming with a group no one even realizes I have a full back tattoo except my boyfriend).

But whatever you get make sure you believe strongly enough in what it represents that you are willing to defend your choice to get it. Because your decision will be challenged.

For me:"Never give up. Never give in. Impossible is only one perspective."

• Selected as most helpful

Forehead. "I will regret this sooner than I think". Spelled backwards / mirror image.

Be sure to pick a nice font.

------------------------

Sorry for the sarcasm. Many people think ink is sexy - you mark up a perfect body, kind of violating it, for the sake of getting attention. Some of those people genuinely think tattoos are okay while others (guys) would accept anything conspicuous on temporary / casual girls only. More so in the case of tramp stamp tattoos.

I think dragons and hearts and mermaids and butterflies and kanji (Asian letters) just scream "even for a tat on my own body I could not avoid a cliche)

Something cool and futuristic would be interesting, like a QR code (a square barcode type patch, google it) that actually works. E.g. if scanned with a smartphone it can contain a link to your FB or home page or other info.

• hey honey even m planing to get a tatoo fr my mom...suggestions.

• Now that's funny! lmao

• I have two tattoos. Neither of which you can see on a daily basis and both have meaning beyond a butterfly. I don't wear shorts hardly so the tattoo on my calf is hidden 99% of the time. My tattoos are one for my mom who passed in 06 and another for my daughter who was born in 10. I think tattoos aren't meant to be sexy they are meant to be a representation of the things dearest to you. Neither of mine are for attention also. Just a thought..

• feet

• breast

• Where on the body, maybe somewhere on your back higher up or on your shoulder or on the hip, the calf or legs somewhere, or on butt is nice. If you care about where you want to work in the future or if you care about what people think about you, then probably somewhere unnoticeable under clothing. Plus if you plan on having kids or maybe gaining weight, don't get it anywhere that will be affected by pregnancy and weight gain (stretching), IE the stomach.

What type, probably something with some personal meaning. I've seen too many Asian symbols or tigers or daggers or sh*t like that. But things that have some interesting juxtapositions or something not the norm and original to you is probably the best thing to have as a tattoo, seeing as it's on you forever so-to-speak. Probably good to really research it and check out different shops before deciding.

• Powdered wigs have been around for a long time, that fad ended.

Kilts have been around for a long time, that fad ended.

All sorts of fashions have been around for a long time and have fallen in and out of favor.

Tats had a resurgence in the early 90's when everybody started getting them. It's a fad.

• Tatoos along the ribs to the hips are gorgeous. It is a tattoo meant to be seen by the priviledged. Very very cool.

• my choice is on the hip... its easy to hide but you and the people you love know its there... classy but fun... if that's what your after...

• not your lower back and not a little butterfly stamp or something around your panty line. this is so played out. getting a tattoo is about expressing yourself, not expressing everybody elses ideas. make it a unique tattoo and put it somewhere besides these places. please. then send pics. lol.

• id say around the waist, more to the front or pelvic region, or lower back. but not like a tramp stamp or something.

possible the worst places have GOT to be arms and shoulders, or if you're a chola, a tattoo right across your boobs. why girls do this, I have no freakin clue. All of them are ugly and take away from attractiveness in my perspective.

• Don't be afraid of a big tat, what kind of personality do you have? I personally think a small tat like you are describing is overly girls and stupid, get something meaningful for you. as for the location, Ankles are dumb, tramps stamps are just that. I would recommend keeping it in an area that you can cover with a short sleeve shirt and a knee length skirt simply for when you wind up in job interviews etc.

• No disrespect here, but doggystyle is even hotter when she has a sexy tattoo on the small of her back. In fact it's very sexy when she has a tattoo on the small of her back, as long as it suits her, and also as long there's no tattoo overload goin' on.

Small of the back.

• Inside the vagina so your baby can see and appreciate the art you had put in!

• i love it when girls have tatts behind the ear area or a sick peice on there chest

• on your lower back its very sexy there

• well since you want a small tat, put it on your neck

• personally, I'd rather she just didn't have any.

but if I had to choose, I'd have her get one like on her hip, that would be kinda hot.

depends on the tat too tho.

• I would say the back of the shoulder or on the upper part of your arm. one of the things that people don't think about when getting a tattoo is that, wile it is the idea to show it off, there are places where you not only will want to hid it, but you might have difficulty getting curtain jobs if you can't. I once had a teacher who got a tattoo during the school year and was told to ether hid it or the school was going to fire her. in all I would recommend for you to think of what you where on a normal day and think "will every one be able to see that tattoo?" or start buying cloths that will hid it.

• In your upper thigh, it's really hot :b

• Have you decided yet? It'd be easier to tell if we could see your body. A lot depends on what your best features are.

• make sure it means something, you DO NOT want to regret a tattoo...id recommend waiting until you've thought it out, remeber you'll be living with it for the rest of yoru life

• I completely agree. My first tatt was a dare, stubborn me got it and now I regret it.

• by her belly, I think you have idea of what I'm trying to say

• Show More