Do I not love him anymore, or is it depression?

Ok, I was always a depressive kid I guess. When I was a teen I usually felt lonely, low self esteem, and sad, but I thought it was a phase. Then I... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Depression can definitely effect love and your relationships with people in general. Have you ever been to a psychiatrist to be evaluated as to whether you actually have depression? From what you describe, it sounds to me like you have it (I've been diagnosed with depression and have read up on it). I found it really helpful to read about symptoms of depression, because as I did I realized a lot of people had the same feelings I do sometimes. There are medications to help stabilize the chemicals in your brain that cause people with depression to feel the way they do, but obviously you'd want to ask a doctor or psychiatrist about that.

Looking at the situation from a different angle, do you have any substantial reasons to want to break up with your boyfriend? You should think about that so you can tell whether there really is a problem with the relationship or if it's just depression affecting it.

I really hope I helped... :)