Does Red Bull contain alcohol?

I used to drink Redbull all the time until I found out that it might contain alcohol. I am, because of religion, forbidden to drink alcohol, and I'm quite concerned because I really like the drink. I've visited multiple sites and they all have different opinions. Any help?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• To whoever wrote this:"sister, one can of redbull contains what would 18 coffee cups contain of caffeine, and add tourine, that thing that they extract from bulls! the whole thing will damage ur brain cells, will make your body and your nerves system totally dependent on that amount of caffeine, you'll be burning and oxidizing your body cells so fast, energy drinks are the best way to go when you want everything in your body to happen as fast as hell, skipping 20 years in your life, consuming yourself, so imagine, by the age of 25 what would happen to you, and how would you compare yourself to another girl your age that always preferred natural fruits drinks and/or green tea. listen to me and drop that habit from your life before it gets worse."This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Lets just start with your assertion that Red Bull contains the equivalent of 18 cups of caffeine. In the standard 8.4 ounce can of Red Bull, whether it sugar free or regular, there are 80 milligrams or mgs of caffeine. That ratio again is 80:8.4. In a cup (8 oz) of a standard brewed cup of coffee has a whopping 107.5mg of caffeine in less volume than Red Bull, so your claim is not only exaggerated, but in fact completely untrue as a Red Bull has less than one cup of coffee's worth of caffeine.Next, Taurine is an amino acid that is naturally made within your body and that you could not live without. It helps to generate and overall improve nerve impulses (which makes your reaction time faster, hence the energy in Red Bull) by promoting movement of minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium through your body. While there is no solid evidence of excessive amounts of Taurine to be detrimental to the body, there is some controversy in many countries in Europe who consequentially don't sell energy drinks with Taurine. Your body will not become depend on caffeine. Yes, if you generally consume massive

What Guys Said 6

• No alcohol, but substantial caffeine. So watch that.

• No, it shouldn't. It contains caffeine and sugar, lots of both and "taurine". No alcohol in it but some people add vodka (kind of cocktail) Bad idea:Do not mix it with alcohol if you've a hearth problem. There have been a few casualties in Europe (OD in Sweden and England) Red Bull is prohibited in France.

• it doesn't contain alcohol. however there is a popular mixed drink called the jagerbomb that combined jagermeister with red bull. tasty and knocks you on your ass =)

• There is no alcohol in Red Bull. There have been rumors that there were trace amounts of cocaine and/or ecstasy being added to the drink, although these assertions are dubious at best.

• I'm forbidden to drink alcohol as well, but believe me, u'd better drink alcohol than drinking that! if we were to make a list of the worst beverages the human being has ever made it would be energy drinks, it's only made if someone wants fast energy shot in a very tragic situation, but teenagers are making it their daily favorite drink! sister, one can of redbull contains what would 18 coffee cups contain of caffeine, and add tourine, that thing that they extract from bulls! the whole thing will damage ur brain cells, will make your body and your nerves system totally dependent on that amount of caffeine, you'll be burning and oxidizing your body cells so fast, energy drinks are the best way to go when you want everything in your body to happen as fast as hell, skipping 20 years in your life, consuming yourself, so imagine, by the age of 25 what would happen to you, and how would you compare yourself to another girl your age that always preferred natural fruits drinks and/or green tea. listen to me and drop that habit from your life before it gets worse.

• Not unless you top it up with vodka

What Girls Said 0