Why does my ex still call & text me?

Okay, so I've been dating this guy for almost two years, he broke up with me a week before our 2 year anniversary. He said it was because are personalities were too different, but honestly if he thought that then he would have broken up with me long before. He took me outside and told me when need to talk, by instinct I totally freaked out. He called out of work crying, and cried when he broke up with me. I don't know why he would cry if HE was breaking up with me. And then he followed me home to make sure I got home okay because I was so nervous and crying. We talked for a couple minutes. His excuse changed to we were fighting too much. But really what couple DOESN'T fight? Then the next morning he called me to say good morning, and said that he loves me. Why would he tell me he loves me? It's been about 4 days and he calls me every morning, night, and to see where I am and what I'm doing. Why does he even care? Do you think he still is in love with me?

Oh, and less then a week before he went and got approved for a house and wanted me to go look at them with him. I'm 21, and he's 28. Someone please help me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well, I think the reason he is still doing all of this is because he does still love you and it's just really hard for him to actually let go. Words, although not completely easy, are still relatively easy compared to physically letting go of someone that you've been with for so long. I think he is still attached to you emotionally, which is why he still tells you he loves you, calls you all the time, and is asking what you are doing and where you are at, but he thinks it should be over.

I know, it's a very cruel thing, to break up with someone, but still stick around. It happens, though. I, myself, have done it. You know (or think) the relationship should be over, so you end it, but you've been with that person for so long that you're just so used to them and you don't want to let it go.

I would recommend, if you still want to be with him, sit him down and talk to him about your relationship and why he thinks it wouldn't work out. On the other hand, if you want it to be over, tell him that, and tell him that he needs to stop calling, so that you can move on.

Hope this helped!

• Don't feel foolish. Nothing wrong with it.

Glad I could help. :)

• Wow, thank you so much. Coming from a guy it really helps. I still feel foolish for having to go online to have this question answerted. But you know what. It really helped.

Thank You Again

[=

What Guys Said 2

• He loves you, talk to him and see where things go.

• who knows only the x knows why he is doing this , I can only speculate

What Girls Said 2