Erratic boyfriend behavior and breaking up?

On the 4th this month, I had bugged by boyfriend to spend sometime with me, but he's incredibly busy and haven't been spending much time with me due... Show More

Update: He's still contacting me constantly, sending me songs and such. If it were guilt and he's afraid that I might do something silly; I would I have done it within the week. No need to keep checking in on me now. What's the point?

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy cares for you. He sounds like a good guy but you drove him away from you. Guys don't want to be nagged at all the time. That's annoying and a turn off. Of course he is going to get jealous when he hears you talking to other guys, I mean he was your boyfriend. But honestly maybe it's for the best to be broken up. Sounds like you have a lot of things to work on yourself, such as your jealousy, insecurity issues and trust issues. It's never good to go in a relationship with those issues. You want to have a relationship where your confident, because it eliminates the jealousy and insecurities. So give him space, actually a lot of space. He needs to have time to think, and so do you. It's not a bad thing. Having space can let him do what he has to do and for you to have time to yourself and be happy just within you. And if you guys do not end up getting back together, then at least you will be more confident in your next relationship.

In general, we all like to keep tabs on our partners because we feel like we have the right to know what he's doing, who he's with etc but really we don't. They need to keep having their freedom just as much as we do.

• I know what you're talking about, and I know I've made mistakes. But it feels like I can change. I've not contacted him since he asked me not to, when previously I was worse. I'd text him even though I know I shouldn't. I've stopped worrying about the girls he's meeting with. I've just gotten too tired to do that anymore. If I gave him the time and space he needs, don't I have a chance at being with him again?

• Show Older
    • Thanks.. That sounds like a plan... something I can focus on rather than worrying that this is a hopeless situation. I'm not sure if I should avoid his calls when he does call though. The next to working on myself is easier than it is handling something concerning another person.

• Exactly. I am single and I am enjoying it because I have soo much "ME" time and making myself happy. Therefore when I do get into another relationship, I will be content and happy with myself, and I can make my partner happy.

Besides, only worrying about him and what he's doing and if he will give you another chance will stress you out. Don't worry about it. its not the end of the world.