Have you ever? and for what reasons? do some people deny being in love because they've been hurt in the past?

have you ever? and for what reasons? do some people deny being in love because they've been hurt in the past?

Most Helpful Girl

• I did. it was to make sure we could be friends... I figured if I pretend to myself and him that I don't feel that way, then it would give me time to figure things out without making him or myself think ahead. I mean you can be in love with some one without wanting to be in a relationship. so that was me, I was in love but said nothing, because I did not want him to take it the wrong way... Well he took it that I did not care for him and became increasingly distant ... I look at things differently now. If I feel that strongly about someone, I want to let them know. I'm not big on saying 'i love you' but I might have to say that I want them in my life, or I etc care. I would prefer it just be said with a look or a touch or a stone or song or something. In order for that to received clearly the person needs to be receptive, some people are just not good at intuition. ... I think it would feel really wonderful to really know that you felt that way and say oit. Say it without any expectations would be great. If I had the chance to tell someone I would... I used to not tell the people I specifically cared for that I did not. I did not want to represent myself 'that way'. Love is not a representation it is a feeling. So is feeling like an idiot.. I think it is better to risk feeling dumb then not to feel.

I was so busy proving that I did not want a relationship that I forgot that I cared. When he told me how he felt, I just stood there looking at him. Like why is he telling me this. I am usually honest with myself, but I think a lot of people do it. sometimes without realizing it... Actually how I 'feel' about someone is the only thing I cannot rely on myself to be completely honest about.

I am uncomfortable with having feelings for other before I worry about there reaction I am worried about mine I am sure many people feel that way, and it is by no means perpetual.