Fashion trends guys don't like?

I read in a newspaper that guys don't like e.g. black nails, high waisted pants, giant sunglasses, Monroe piercing (piercing above lips, to the left/right), and high, waist belts. It was quite surprising to read. Is that true? What else do you hate? And why?

Being a girl I can't figure out what is wrong with e.g. giant sunglasses:P

ps. sorry for my grammar - not native English speaker.

thanks for any replies!

Most Helpful Guy

• Giant sunglasses - they look retarded & immature, and hide most of your face, which guys want to see.

Monroe piercings - didn't like the mole on Marilyn, and I don't like the piercing that tries to emulate it.

Skinny jeans - hate them. Men like curves and want to see that your legs have some shape to them, but skinny jeans make your legs look like sticks.

Waist belts - no opinion, but the concept seems retarded since they're not holding up your pants. Why are they even there?

High heels - I could never ever understand the complete and total retardedness behind this concept. You give up the ability to run (if needed) because you think you look elegant? WTF.

Giant earrings - they just make you look like ghetto trash.

Fake nails - more ghetto trash.

Any piercings other than ears.

• I agree withvup untill you got to the fake nails I get a French tip and it look natural and I find them classy not ghetto.

What Guys Said 13

• Guys are pretty much fashion-oblivious (unless they're gay).

But we generally don't like outlandish fashions.

But, as we get older we look at the product, not the packaging.

Ted

• (Note: the news paper is a generalization, not all guys feel that way, however) this stuff is true for me, most of that stuff I do not like. My reason? I don't like the Hollywood fashion girl, desperate for attention, trying to look rich wearing expensive clothes.

Any of this "fashion" stuff doesn't appeal to me. Give me a girl in a t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans and smile and I'm happy.

• I don't find anything wrong with any of those except maybe the giant sunglasses would seem kind of awkward lol.

• Too much makeup, really long nails, flashy clothing, humongous purses, and really skinny jeans.

• Big sunglasses indoors. I can't stand that

Piercings all over the place. On the ears is fine, anywhere else, not so much...

Tattoos of things like dolphins or butterflies etc...It looks ok now, but try explaining the tattoo of the teradactyl on your arm to your grandson when your older

Wait belts are beyond stupid...

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 6

• I would be sad if I couldn't wear my OPI or Chanel dark polishes. That's part of what I like about winter!

• My boyfriend hates uggs, skinny jeans, overly patterned stuff, plaid scarfs and those cardigans that are really long in the front and get shorter in the back.

Boys are very simple, they don't care about what you're wearing as long as you show a little leg and some clevage sometimes.

• i love my big sunglasses. maybe cause I have a long face and don't really look good in regular sunglasses. high waisted pants only if your curvy. I like the monroe piercing but I have the same thing. High waisted belts are cute if you wear a simple dress and want to show of your tiny waist. Reading what the guys had to say surprised my mind I didn't think they were ghetto and liked ghetto girls. They didn't change my mind because tomorrow driving to work I will have on my overlysized sunglasses while wearing some skinny jeans :)

• I love my skinny jeans there hot next to diamonds there my best friend the show your curves and make you look skinny duh but I hated the hot topic tutus with high top sneeks not cool.

• i love highh waisted belts! they excentuate my waist. lol and skinnys are okay sometimes. you have to find the right ones. but I prefer boot cut. but that other stuff I live without. I stick to chucks (converses) jeans, and casual shirts. I don't dig all fashion trends. just the ones I know I look good in. and I love those long in front short in back cardigans! lol

More from Girls
1