I can't get over my ex boyfriend

I WANT to get over him so badly.

he wasn't the right kind of guy for me...Is that why I can't get over him? Because he was what I couldn't have?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i know what your talking about completely

we dated for a while

and the things he would tell me were irresistable

i keep looking at his pictures over and over

and I listen to his voice clips

and watch the videos he made for me

and I know we are as perfect as perfect can get

so I kept trying to talk to him and he full out gave me the silent treatment.

he deleted me on EVERYTHING

and I was so down-in-the-dumps

practically wasting away

i didn't know, one person could have such a powerful grip on me

but then 4 months later

he adds me again

and msgs me

and lies that his little sister deleted me

but I'm glad he remembered my email and is talking to me

i guess he realized how much I loved him and how much he missed me

we are slowly talking about

dont worry

LOVE TAKES TIME

im not even exageratting

your not over him. becasue ou were compatible. and there was something about him that made you want more. that's why

and I know EXACTLY what you are experiancing

send him 1 very deep message

if he doesn't reply, FORGET him okay

in a couple months

he will GET BACK to you

becasue he will miss you

and your laugh. or whatever he loved about you

dont worry hun

were on the same boat

xx

• I didn't mean to hit disagree lol. I talkto him everynight. I go to his house at LEAST once a week. He has a Girlfriend but we still mess around. I love him with all of my heart. He tells me that he loves me and wants me for forever. She lives two hours away. He leaves to move 5 hours away next friday. I don't know what to do...

You're exactly right when you say that love takes time. Its taken three years so far lol

thank you for the help...ur right!

What Guys Said 2

• Chances are you have a hard time because even if he wasn't right, on some level it was great for a while. What you have to remember are the reasons you split. It sounds like you're not getting out and seeing anyone new yet or you would be able to tell that you get over it faster if you don't have so much time to think about the past.

• If you broke up recently, the first thing you need to do is cut him as completely from your life as humanly possible. If you don't, and try to be like friends or something right away, you will only doom yourself to more suffering. Cut him out.

From then on, you have to find ways to occupy your time the best you can. Do some things with your closest friends if you haven't done anything together for awhile. Realize that whoever this guy was, and as good as he was, he was not the type for you, and you deserve better.

Most essentially, give it time. Your feelings for him will naturally become victims of the passing of time. And remember, there are quite literally billions of guys out there, and for a 17-year old, you have oodles of time to find the right one.

What Girls Said 3

• Im sorry if I haven't seen your msg earlier :(! I just got an email

i know you want to get over him! SO did I! and your obviously not over him because your emotionally attatched to the feeling of love that he gave to you. I was like that too, and I can't believe what's going on with me..AGAIN.. my ex is back to calling me and all his best friends love me :) things are going..great! If you feel he isn't the right kind of guy, than how come your not over him? I think if he really wasn't right for you, youd completely forget about him, but there's something hopeful about him. I hope e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g goes well with you! I wish you GOOD LUCK! :) I know everything will work out eventually <3

-Christina Gomes :)

• Yeah, I think the reason as to why your not over him

is becasue, there is a quality about him that you admire

and becasue it was stopped so suddenly

you want him back

• It could be a little bit about wanting what you can't have, but how much time has passed? you can't have unrealistic expectations about how long it will take. and how long were you together? that plays a factor too. even if he wasn't the right kind of guy for you, if you loved him and if you were in a long term relationship with him, there may always be a part of you that remembers those feelings as good feelings. that's ok. that doesn't mean you're not over him, it just means you cared about what you once had.

*good luck!*

(link)

• We were together for 2.5 years and we broke up a year ago. I was at the beach and he called me and told me that he thought we should break up