What are some signs a guy loves you even though he hasn't said it?

I am pretty sure my man loves me just based on things he does for me. He doesn't live with me, but he fixes things around my place for me and he mows the lawn for me. He even cleaned up after my dog when she threw up last weekend while he was here! I can't handle gross stuff so well, and when she did it I was trying not to look and just asked him if he would clean it up for me - he slightly groaned, but almost immediately took care of it for me. I told him he's my hero :) I couldn't believe he did that for me.

He told me a long time ago that it takes a lot for him to say "I love you" because of his past and how he said it too soon before. He said he decided not to say until basically he may as well follow up with a marriage proposal shortly after. However, a few months ago when he was drinking at my house, he had way too much and he said "haven't I 'told' you that I love you!?" - it was in the middle of a little argument - so it was kinda like a DUH, I LOVE YOU kinda thing. I kinda teased him a little about it a couple days later - but told him I wasn't counting it since he was drunk and that when he was ready, he would tell me sober lol. He also put in a gift card to me how lucky he is to be with me and signed it "with love" at the bottom.

So I'm thinking he 'does' love me... but he's just being extremely cautious of saying it. Either way, I love being with him and I love him. I have said it to him - but I don't say it often, just when the moment really hits me. He's said I'm so cool about that because I have never pressured him. (and I never will). So I'm just simply curious... what you you all think? Is he smitten?