• Ask
  • myTake

Is it too late for no contact to work?

My boyfriend and I had am amazing relationship - an then he freaked out. We started to realize we were going to spend the rest of our lives together... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You were fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. It sounds like you wanted a committed, long-term relationship with someone who didn't want a long-term, committed relationship at all. That already doomed you to failure from the start. When he broke up with you, he was probably debating in his head whether or not he made a wise choice for a good while. By acting the way you did when you broke up, you only cemented in his mind the belief that he was right to break up with you like he did and that it was the wise choice. Sorry... Best thing to do now is move on.

• I can understand where you are coming from, but the tricky part about this is that he wanted a long term relationship, well before I was even ready. He constantly told everyone in our lives that I was the one, and even took me halfway around the world to meet his entire family. Ughhh, maybe your right, maybe I was just mislead.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes of course there is a chance. Give the no contact thing a try for a little and see how that works.Good Luck.

• Even though went on acting crazy for three weeks? :)

• Yea anything is possible if you were both in love like you say you were. I know 3 weeks of psycho wouldn't make me not come back.

What Girls Said 2

• I went through the exact same thing you did. I emailed, texted, but rarely did I call him, because I knew he would never answer. We remained on friendly terms after he broke up with me, but that didn't last long. I had a hard time accepting the break up and did not want to be "just friends". That's when I started the emails and texts, but they were few and far between. He has been completely ignoring me for 3 weeks. I have finally decided that I will never hear a "leave me alone", or a "move on" from him, that his only way to deal with me is to simply ignore me. I had to decide whether I was going to continue to beat a dead horse, or accept, and move on. As hard as it is, it's something that needs to be done. But like the saying goes, "If you love it set it free, if it comes back to you it was meant to be". Good luck to you!

• Your situation is similar to mine, in that he abruptly broke it off and you had an amazing relationship, and that you went "psyho" on him. I did the same thing with my boyfriend. Everything was great and we were happy, then he bailed. What I did is cut off contact with him. It is very hard to do. I had to put my cell phone in my trunk of my car in order not to call him. After about23- weeks of not hearing from me he called saying how much he missed me. Believe me he will start to wonder why, after being so wmotional after the breakup, where have you now gone to? Have you gotten another guy? So try and be strong, no contact until he calls you, then when he calls play it real cool, don't mention the breakup unless he brings it up, talk about things in general. If he tells you he loves you don't say it back at this point, let him call you a few more times.