• Ask
  • myTake

Should I break up with my controlling boyfriend?

My boyfriend & I have been together for 2 years. He's a great guy in so many ways and not so much in all the other ways. For starters I haven't... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sounds like a total control freak to me. You really should get out of that relationship. You NEED trust to have a healthy lasting relationship, and he obviously has no trust in you. What he has is fear and jealousy. That lack of trust will continually build resentment and it will snowball over time until you just can't stand it anymore. A relationship is supposed to be a partnership, but the behavior you describe here is what one would expect from an ownership. He does not see you as a partner. He sees you as something for him to possess and control, and that's wrong.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 1

• It does sound like this is not a healthy relationship and that he has all the power. I can guarantee that this will not get any better but only worse and this could actually turn into a abusive situation later on. Some men don't start abusing their girlfriend until they are married and it is much harder for them to leave you need to take all of this as a warning sign and leave him.