Aggressive boyfriend?

So, I've been with this guy for a bit, and yesterday we were talking on facebook and he told me that his parents made him so mad that he punched a door and screwed up his hand. I know he gets mad at his family members really easily and when he's upset "pain calms him down." He says that if I made... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not that hard to control your temper, its just one of those things that you have to learn to handle. If he is as loose of a cannon as you are suggesting then there is no way to be sure that he won't direct one of his violent outbursts at you. Hopefully he is telling you the truth and he would never hurt you, but in the end it is probably better safe than sorry. Flying into blind rages is a serious red flag, whether he hurts you or not you probably shouldn't be with someone who is that prone to overreacting. I'd say he is bad news.

• Do you think his anger issues has something to do with is age? Do guys grow out of that, or is it a trait that sticks with them?