6 years together, day and night and still not married?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years last month. We met when we were 16 and 17, and moved in together a month later.

So we have pretty much never been apart from each other since.

We have grown up and been through absolutely everything together but I am wondering lately why hasn't he asked me to marry him? Some of our other friends our age are married and my sister is also getting married soon and we are still the ones who have been together the longest.

We have spoken about it before and he says that we will get married when we have our own place, make enough money.. etc. We have had our own place for years and we make good money together.

i don't know how to bring it up without making him feel like I'm being pushy. I would just honestly like to know if its still a possibility even years from now or if he just never wants to get married and also why hasn't he asked me? seriously its like we're already married, so why not? Is there something missing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try talking to his parents (if your relationship with them is good). Mothers know very well how to get their sons to do stuff. If you talk to her about it and tell her that you want to marry her son, I'm sure she will find some discreet way to talk to him about it. And by discreet I mean that he will never know you talked to her.

• hmm. you just made me think maybe that's why he won't marry me. His mother HATES me like wouldn't be sad if I were dead! lol maybe that's why. and well, you know how wog mothers can get when it comes to their precious sons! lol

• Oh ya lol, well then hmph. What toulouse said is right, I mean if he really wants to marry you and the relationship between you and his mother is what's keeping him from that, maybe that option would work. Either way, I would try to sit down with him and have a serious discussion. At 6 years, he should have a grasp on how you are, and not think of it as being "pushy".