Should I be worried? My boyfriend was texting another girl.

So the other night, I went snooping through my boyfriends phone. I know it's wrong but I did it. I happen to stumble across a text convo where he was inviting a girl to lunch. Now I'm trying to keep in mind they've been friends for a good while and he may just truly see her as a friend he'd enjoy hanging out with and I'm fine with that. The convo was started by her asking him a question and he responded. what's up, buttercup? The whole buttercup thing tripped me out... like okay? What is that!? Then he tells her you owe me lunch and she responds with the same. He tells her he's going out of town for something and that she should come with. She said she has work so it's a no-go but that someday it'll work out. I had really upset him previous to this, which doesn't make an excuse, but I'm trying to figure out why he would want to hang out with her... And earlier he had asked me to go with him for his trip. Wow! Guess I'm second option then? I'm really bothered by it. Guys- does this sound like he likes her as more than a friend? I really want to say something, but obviously I can't because he'll know I went through his phone. How can I go about bringing it up?

No, not an overnight trip. Just a day trip for few hours. We had a disagreement that I knew upset him because of something I had said. But we weren't in a fight. Were still together, in fact we've been doing very well. But last night while he was asleep I looked at his phone. But I'm just so confused at the fact he'd call her a pet name like that, then ask her if she was free to hang out this week and suggest her going out with him.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• This is tough. How about asking him about the trip and such and say you are getting excited about going. How about scheduling a lunch date? Or just ask like a random question like do you think friends of opposite gender should call each other sweetheart or hun? See how he reacts

• You can if you think this will not cause him to move away from you more.

• He has lots of girls that are friends and I'm totally okay with that. I just want my significant oher to be honest and tell me if they're planning to hang out with friends. I respect relationships that were made before me, as long as they're not innappropriate. Should I tell him I looked at his phone and express my concern? Because this will eat at me! Or should I just blow it off...?

• "Buttercup" doesn't necessarily mean anything..."out of town"...for overnight or longer? O:O...So you had been invited to go with him..but then...you had a fight? Are you sure hd is still your bf? He must still be around if you had access to his phone?

• well there are no easy answers...someone is always calling me some mushy name and it means nothing...I would be a lot more worried if the trip was an overnight..and he probably asked her to go because he was mad at you...whether or not the two of you will get over it is up in the air...o.O

• They had text Saturday afternoon and I read it last night. It just makes me feel weird. And I'll never know if he would of told me that they were hanging out if she didn't have to work and would've gone. I also feel really hurt because why would he ask her to hang out with him rather than his girlfriend when he has the free time? Maybe at the time of the convo he was a little mad at me? I really want to address it to him. But I don't want to be the crazy girlfriend who looks through her guys phone...

• No, not an over night trip just a day trip for a few hours. We had a disagreement that I knew upset him because of something I said. But we weren't in a fight. Were still together. In fact were doing very well. But last night I look at his phone. I'm just so confused at the fact he'd call her a pet name like that, then ask her if she was free to hang out that week and suggest her going out with him.