He won't move out of his parents house

My boyfriend is nearing his 26th birthday, and he still lives at home with his parents. He was born in Russia, and I know that it is their culture to... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Loving someone means respecting their culture, and their financial status. He ma have enough for the down payment, but for the morgagge?

He may have secuirity issues from living in tumultuus times in Russia. Don't press him on this and don't expecthim to think the way you do. He won't accept it and you could lose him.

• according to him, he has every thing he needs to live independently. My concern is that he doesn't have the drive to be independent, which makes me wonder if he will ever want to lead his own life without his parents (Im not condoning the love of his family, just think that at some point, he should want to do things for himself)

• His viewpoint is way different from yours and you need to accept that. It's his whole background, not just his personal take on independence.