Why do guys say they still love you after breaking up with you?

Especially day before Valentine's Day! My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday because apparently he couldn't handle the distance (an hour and a half), and he couldn't handle the fact that I didn't have a job and my car got repo'ed. He said that he wasn't happy in our relationship and hadn't been for a couple weeks. Which leaves me stunned because he never get me any indication that he was unhappy. I can't fix a problem if I don't know what is wrong. What really leaves me stunned is that he said he loves me still, but he doesn't see us working out. Don't say you love me if you're not willing to work at it. That's NOT what love is about.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you can love a person and be stressed out by things. So its like he loves you just can't handle the stress of not seeing you all the time that sucks too. I have a friend girl who dates a guy who abusses her. Her parrents love her and hate the stress. They love who she is but hate that she stays with this guy. If this guy loves you it can completly stress him out that he can't see you every day and make love to you every day. It is stressfull for a man when he can't be with his woman. We need you all the time.