Why is my Boyfriend is acting cold and neglectful all of a sudden?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 8 months. All was been great during that time. We were independent, but we really had a great time when we'd see each other. Then about 3 weeks ago, he starts going to the gym hardcore and taking on some diet and supplements and for a whole week he doesn't call me or have any desire to see me. When I did call him, he already had plans with friends or was tired, or something else. I demanded an answer, the following weekend I went to visit him and he came up with all these stupid reasons why we should break up. He still wanted to remain "friends" and I told him to buzz off. We didn't talk for a week and one day he asked if we could hang out for coffee. We wound up reconciling because he swore that he loved me and was really tender and nice, but after a few days he's not the same guy. He's mean to me, he doesn't call me or return calls and everything else, including sleep, is a higher priority. I asked him what was going on and he said, "nothing. I'm just tired with work". I've been extra nice to him hoping he'll realize how wonderful I am...but I think it may be backfiring and he's going to take advantage of me. What's up with this change of heart? Is this a game? I can't believe how someone who was so good to me, now treats me so badly. =(

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess:

He's met another girl. He's hitting the gym to impress her. He's preparing for a break up with you, but he's a little uncertain and he's guilty. He's being mean and distant, and hoping that you'll end it.

If I'm correct, he's being a coward by avoiding the subject and provoking you into dumping him.