I feel kind of bad and happy at the same time.

I feel kind of bad and yet excited at the same time. My girlfriend got accepted to a bachelors program. We are currently in an associates program right now. I'm happy and excited for her because she is my girlfriend. She just got home from my house and checked her email. I was the first one she texted and let me know that she got accepted. The reason why I'm feeling bad is because she's a woman in the relationship. I guess I know what it like now to make less than a woman in the relationship. I guess I'm also a little insecure because I feel as though she could do much better than me. She makes me happy and is a very down to earth person. I do know that a lot of guys hit on her. She's beautiful, smart, funny, caring, nice. Overall a good person. Is it normal to feel this way. I think it's because I'm worried that I might lose her if she got so much going on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's normal you feel this way. I actually feel the same about my boyfriend. I tell myself 'How the hell did I meet such a great guy?' 'What does he see in me?' 'I'm so boring.' It's self-confidence, really. What I like to do if think of all the ways he supports me, listens to me, and shows me he loves me. That usually makes me feel better.