If your significant other cannot have children, will you leave?

If you love your significant other very much and think you make a great couple BUT she/he cannot have children.

You want to have children of your own blood. No adoption option.

What would you do? Would you stay for the sake of love or leave to be able to have children with another person?

• I would rather stay with my love.
  • I want to be a mother/father badly, so sadly I'm going to leave.
  • See results.
This is a hypothetical question. You have to assume that 1. You really love your partner 2. You really want to have children of your own blood.

Which one would you choose?

Most Helpful Girl

• In a situation like this is more difficult if the woman is the infertile one.

if the man can't have children, the woman can always go for a sperm donor and still have children that may look a bit like her partner and still have her own blood.

but if the woman can't conceive there's no other way than adoption or having a children in another woman and keep the child with him... but that is more difficult than adoption, I think, unless she agrees to do that on the first place and get paid pretty much to do that... and if she changes her mind... she will win the child in court anyway :S

But, if I love him, I wouldn't care if he can or not.

• thanks for BA :D

What Guys Said 19

• I want to have children but I also know that true love is probably the hardest thing to find and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I'd stay with a girl even if she couldn't have children. I have nieces and nephews anyway

• No. But I would insist that we TRY HARDER!

• I would rather stay with A. All my life, I didn't have a single interest in having children.

• What if you wanted to have children and had to choose between staying with the love of your life and having children?

• I would still choose A.

She's still a human being and wants to be appreciated for who she is.

What if we're the couple, and I left you because you can't bear children?

That would hurt a lot, wouldn't it? To the point that committing suicide is an option.

• It would definitely hurt, but from what I've seen...people just don't care. They are selfish and run after what pleases them even if that means hurting a person that you love.

• I am more into finding and keeping love than having kids. Yes, I do want my own kids, but love is just more important to me.

• Well, if it's something concrete like her uterus is destroyed, or I'm completely sterile, then I would prefer to adopt, or something. I don't see why the love should end just because we can't have kids. It's hard enough to find someone to spend your life with, without having to pile stuff like that on top of things. Besides, it's not as if my family name won't live on. I come from an absolutely massive family. So yeah, I'd stay.

More from Guys
14

What Girls Said 12

• I'm not so thrilled with the whole having kids idea so if it turned out he physically was unable to reproduce I'd be beyond thrilled. So of course I would stay with him.

• I don't see the point in having children...so my answer should be obvious d: I'd rather make a beautiful bond with one person. I don't need a child to make me happy ahah

• I may be a bit biased as I am not too bothered about having children but I could not leave my partner. Its not like its a decision they made or anything they have control over. Imagine finding out you can't have kids, even as someone who doesn't plan on having any I can only imagine that pain, and then being told by the person you need most in the world at that time "sorry but I'm leaving cause you can't have children". What happened to loyalty, love and support. If my fiance found out he couldn't have kids I know that he would feel some strange sense of inadequacy and I couldn't fathom leaving because I love him. I decided a long time ago that he was the one I wanted to spend my life with and if we couldn't have kids then we'll travel the world together.

I can understand people really wanting kids of their own but I would have to question what type of parent they would be if they leave someone they are suppose to love simply because they cannot get what they want. That is the problem with a lot of relationships now and why they are breaking down. People want and expect to get everything and have some stupid sense of entitlement but then when things don't go their way they have no idea how to handle it, they throw a tantrum and decide I'm outta here. I would also wonder what the reaction would be if you told them I have a terminal illness.

• I would be the happiest girl in the world!

• Cause I never want children.. if my partners are unable, never have to worry about an accident

• I'm on the fence about having my own kids. If I could at least have a couple nieces/nephews, I think I'd be happy. If I found the right man for me, I'd stay with him. If we both really wanted kids, we could get a sperm donor... or just buy a cat.

More from Girls
7