• Ask
  • myTake

Name that Mexican Pastry

I am in love with this specific kind of pastry that I get when I go to the Mexican Bakery a few minutes away. It is long, skinny, rectangular in... Show More

No, definitely not a Churro, plus, churros are cylindrical and super doughy
The pastries I am talking about are super crispy and flakey

Most Helpful Opinion

What Guys Said 6

• I know it's not what you're thinking of, but I suddenly *really* want some yum yums right now.Why don't you just ask at the bakery?

• Cuz I don't know when the next time is that I will go, and I wanna know nowwwwww lol

• Does it have filling in it? like a Milhojas? or Orejas? Not rectangular but flaky...

• No filling, just airy and crispy and flakey.

• torleta de miza

• churro

• that was my only guess lol

• Churro?

• lol I know what churros are, those aren't the pastries I'm thinking of though

What Girls Said 4

• Not sure, is it Bunuelo?

• I was thinking bunuelo...but they're usually circular

• Show Older
    • @ QA I know I've seen them but can't remember the name is it Campechanas? Google the pic

• Yeah, buneulos are usually circular and look more like muffins I'm pretty sure,

• So when you go there what do you ask for if you don't know what it's called ? ? ? Or are you playing a guessing game and treating the person that gets it right?

• Its a self serve bakery, you go pick what you want and then you go up and pay.

• Show Older
    • ASK the cashier?

• :]

• I just wanted to say I loveeee pan de dulceI love the marranitos, conchas and galletas link link I love going back to where my family is from and buying the freshly baked, authentic pan dulce

• Marranitos are delicious, especially the ones with the sprinkles!

• Churro