Would you wait forever for the one you love

If you truly believed would you wait forever? Knowing that person was your one true love?

Most Helpful Girl

• Forever is a long time :)

I think waiting is a choice. We do not "wait", for this implies that the present moment is not special and unique and joyful. I think love comes when you're not looking (or waiting). Love finds you, as your partner finds you, and you them... There are so many discourses of literary love and "true love", but surely love that is "true" is simply love that is shared, honest, kind and non-possessive?

If you love someone but they are not in the right space to have a relationship with you, will you wait? I wouldn't. I choose my life now, and if things change for them, let them come find me.

I think it is important to remember that love is a beautiful expression and it is wonderful to have it in your life, but also to recognize that meeting the "right person" is something which (after chemistry) is based on your collective input to the relationship. The connection may exist, but as with a friendship, you need to engage with each other, share thoughts and feelings and work on issues if they come up.

True love is defined but the "happily ever after", yet we must re-write the narrative and not be lost in the fairytale- Communicate with each other, be authentic, be aware, respect each other, be willing to compromise, be open to change, share feelings... and don't forget self-love! <3

• I agree, one must have interaction for the love to unfold. For the good stuff to come out. But like a fruit some times it could be not in season. It is not yet ripe for the picking. Like all things in life, one must first believe and do. But there is another gear as well. Believe and not do. We can not get stuck in gear four. We need to use gear one as well. Really liked your answer...