Do guys actually get scared off when a girl says "I love you" first?

I've been with my boyfriend a few months now. Things have been fantastic, and it feels like we've been together for years. Today I realized that I am actually in love with him. Still, I don't necessarily feel like I want to just jump out and say it yet since it has only been a few months. Plus, I've never been the one saying it first; in previous relationships, the guy has always said it to me first.

Things are different with this guy, though. Not only do I feel this way, but I'm also pretty sure that he isn't the type of guy to say it first. Hell, I had to be the one to say that I wanted our relationship to be official even though all of our friends already considered us boyfriend/girlfriend. So I know I'm going to have to be the first one to say it.

Therefore I want to know, do guys actually get scared when a girl says "I love you" before they do? We all know what the stereotype is... I just want to know if there is truth to it. I won't be pressuring him to say it back; I'm going to basically say, "I want you to go at your own pace; don't say anything back to me if you aren't ready. I just want you to know that I love you."

If possible, I'd prefer the opinion of MALES, not the opinion of FEMALES, particularly scorned females. If I thought a female perspective could answer this question, I wouldn't have needed to ask it because my own perspective is female. Thanks...

Most Helpful Guy

• If we've been in a relationship for a few months at least, no it wouldn't scare me.