Does a physical relationship mean, I cannot expect much more?

I have now entered into a relationship with the man of my dreams for just over a year now. I do not feel I want to take it serious with him, however, when he is honest about the relationship, that he just wants to be physical, my emotions run wild with anger. I have two teenage daughters, the eldest lives with me, she finds it difficult to accept my new relationship, her way of protecting me, so it is difficult for all individuals to accept such complications, the man of my dreams also has a 4 year old girl, to whom the mother is consistently trying to claim him back. My concern is that I am confused to the mixed messages he sends out to me, as I have tried to call off our relationship on a number of occasions, which in turn, reels him in even more, he don't seem to want to let go, and of course likewise. I do have feelings for him, but feel if I explain them, he will distance even more as he points out we are not a couple, but likes the physical intimacy with me. As you can imagine, there is a very confused women wondering what is going on here. I don't want to lose the sweet guy who allows me to get in touch with my womanhood and feminine side, he also responds to my feminist views if I have expressed concern to his statements.Help

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• sorry to hear your going through that..but from what I'm reading I don't think he is sending mixed signals honey. FIrst of all of course he doesn't want to let you go he like being able to just hav sex with you or being physical. What man wouldn't want that? Also he has told you he just wants the physical thing and points out you are NOT a couple, and you arent. Woman are different we get attached but don't you think you deserve more then this. You get mad because you know what this mean but you want him to want more when he simply doesnt. Let him go this isn't a relationship like you called it. Why add stress or potentially do damage to you daughter for nothing. They aren't excepting cause they can see this arrangement and guy for what he is...Let him go and find a man who WANTS to be with you and your girls!

• I do deserve better and he has told me this, he told me he don't want to hurt me, which it does as I am attached emotionally, can handle my emotions. I don't introduce guys to allow my daughter's to see the using gits, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• Sweet guy? Honey, he's just using you. It's basically free sex, without attachment or any strings. What more could an older man want. He might be sweet and gentle when it comes to the bedroom or leading up to, but he's nothing more than a simple man taking advantage. Spend your time elsewhere. When you make a relationship purely physical, it's very doubtful anything special will come out of it. If your willing to get into a sexual relationship, you have to be willing to understand the consequences.

• Just to say, thankyou for your response to a sensitive issue for me.I am sort of aware of the consequences, I think I could handle them after 10 years of seeing him, this was his reply to me when I asked him if he could see himself with me in ten years.

• "I don't want to lose the sweet guy who allows me to get in touch with my womanhood and feminine side...""... I do not feel I want to take it serious with him, "So, you want this relationship to be a casual relationship. BUT when, "he points out we are not a couple, but likes the physical intimacy with me. " and "when he is honest about the relationship, that he just wants to be physical, my emotions run wild with anger. "A clear, definitive answer to "What kind of guy do I want ?" would probably help you decide what to do in a situation like this.

• "But then fails to give me the hole package deal". This is the cause of your confusion. The key to a great relationship is 1. Know what you want 2. Make no compromise. i.e. Engage in no mediocre relationships; they put you in a worse position than when you are without them. Go for the "whole package deal". 3. Realiaze you are responsible for your own happiness, not him, not anyone else for that matter.

• He has all the qualities I look for in a guy. But then fails to give me the hole package deal, shame that happened, he has a good women on his case, he will see this at some stage.

What Girls Said 2

• Let him go you can find real love

• he has been my favorite quote as of lately... Be honest with each other. Admit there are limitless possibilities in relationships, and love as many people as you can in whatever way you want, and get rid of your inhibitions, and we'll all be happy.the truth is there are no black and white measures we can go by when it comes to relationships. At the end of the day we need to be with who makes us happy. You said that at first all you wanted was a physical relationship. If ideally this is what's suitable for you, then it is fine to continue doing so. Yet if you feel that as much more time passes, your feelings my start to grow wild like fire, you might want to reevaluate your situation. It sounds like allot of baggage is in this scenario and that can all get tricky after awhile.

• Oh he definitely got issues!!