Christians, where in the Bible does it say it's OK to eat meat?

Just wondering because I'm a Christian who is also vegetarian for moral reasons :)

Thanks!

I mean, how do you think it's OK because it says "thou shalt not kill"
I think the bible has was too many contradictions lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 8

What Guys Said 4

• everywhere

• I'm Mormon an LDS a member of the church of JESUS CHRIST of latter day saints.

• LOL @ all the atheists knowing the answer.

• It's a common misconception amongst religious folks that atheists haven't read the Bible, and if they did they would be believers.

Truth is most atheists have read the Bible, and reading it only caused or strengthened their atheism.

• Leviticus 11:1-47

And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you.

thou shall not kill refers to one another (as humans). In the eyes of God we are all brothers and sisters we shouldn't kill one another we should accept one another.

I am atheist btw.

• some meat is actually good for you for to help your blood such as red meat. If you were loosing a lot of blood instead of blood transplant you could eat a particular meat to gain blood, that's what my mother did. She was dying of loss blood and doctors told her to eat red meat. So meat is good for you. Fish is good for the brain.

• My religion we believe the bible and other three books and one of them is doctrine and covenants and it teaches about word of wisdom. It actually tells you to eat meat. In the bible The New Testament I think it's in Matthew I'm not sure but somewhere there, it tells about Jesus Christ feeding about 5000 people with I think two fishes and five loaves of bread or the other around fie fishes and two loaves of bread.

• I'm sure it says it in there somewhere. Like in somebody's talking about preparing a feast or something. I don't know but I'm vegetarian too and wish Christianity had some teaching against eating meat like other religions do

• I don't know. But really it's your choice.

• Eat meat ,not eat meat...up 2 u,bt bcos you don't eat me,u shdn't make d oda person who eat me feel guilty...

• Selected as most helpful

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./...\,__

,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

• ...what

• Well there are many things in the bible that Christians pick and choose to follow so it wouldn't surprise me. They tend to condemn homosexuals because it is in the bible but they wear gold even though that is forbidden. Many many contradictions as you have said.

• So... You don't kill carrots when you rip them out of the ground and boil them?

And if you are looking for biblical justification, it says in Genesis that man is to rule over all creatures, which means we can do whatever we want with them.

• good point, I guess you have to eat something. I read this article once about this 100 year old lady who has lived most of her life not killing anything. She only eats things like beans, apples, blueberries, ect so that she doesn't kill the plants lol

• I'm an Atheist, but I'm a firm believer that Google will always help you find what you need.

link

Hope it helps.

Oh and while you're at it, you could read the entire bible.

• Thanks for that lol. I've read a lot of the bible but never the whole thing, maybe I'll finish it someday.

• LOL right

• @update: that's why I asked you to read it. Reading the bible its known to cause atheism.