• Ask
  • myTake

How to end a friends with benefits relationship?

There's this guy who I've known literally my whole life (our parents have been best friends since high school). Though not very close, we were always... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• The next time you two hang out, tell him how you feel. Say that you want a real relationship, not a friends with benefits (even if he denies that your relationship is a fwb, it's pretty obvious that it is). Tell him that you'd love to keep hanging out and being his friend, but that the physical part is over as you need to start moving on and finding someone looking for the same things you are. It's honest, to the point, and it's not insulting. Then KEEP to your word. If you go back on that and hook up with him again outside of a relationship, he won't take a word you say seriously after that. In fact, he'll probably pressure even harder, and make up lies to keep the physical part going. He's going to attempt to change your mind about it, but unless his decision is to commit, stick to your guns.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!

What Girls Said 4

• Free will! Do what you feel best serves you. In my opinion let him go. Live your life as it serves you best. Keep a light hearted friendship( but limited) with him if you choose. Date and don't hide it. If he is flirting then he is looking. Of course he is not going to tell you he is sleeping around! Assume he does. Why else would he be chasing women? So don't put your life on hold for unknown break that bad habit!

• I am in the same situation... I think these relationships are even harder than real ones. I would talk to him in person, and just be honest. Try to make it more like a conversation (why you think you should end it, why you should still be friends, etc) rather than an announcement of sorts. Other than that... I'll be interested to see what other people say.

• Just let him know that next tiem he tries anythign that your tired of it and your done with being his f*** buddy.