I'm going to say it: Beauty is a cure. Now attack me but tell me why...

I used to be really overweight. I have a really pointy noise and an angular face and giant hips. People used to tell me I was ugly all the time or tell me to lose weight. My place in the world used to be "the fat friend." I had a lot of friends.

I started running, lost 80 pounds and grew into my sharp features. With age, my giant hips turned in to an hourglass figure. After 25 years of ugliness, now people tell me I'm beautiful but everyone hates me. My personality didn't change, just my body and appearance.

I can't have girl friends because they think I'll steal their boyfriend or be "competition" for dates.

I can't have guy friends because they get a girlfriend who tells them they can't be my friend. When I was fat, girlfriends liked me!

*I've never stolen a man before and am focused on school and don't have interest in dating at the moment...

If I get a good grade in a course at school, it's because I "flirted with the teacher." When I was fat I was considered "brains".

Creepy guys actually violate me by following me everywhere even when I tell them to stop.

Cocky jock type guys feel entitled to date me. If I say no (even though my reason is to focus on my school) I'm a "bitch" because I think I'm too good for him.

Guys don't look past my looks when they want to date me. This ends in them saying I'm "boring." I'm not boring, we just don't have anything in common.

Girls spread rumors about me and say I'm a "slut." I haven't had sex in over a year...

My sister who used to be my best friend now hates me because she considered herself the pretty one until last year. People always used to tell her that when we were together... now they say it to me.

I'm in the sciences at school. I constantly have to prove I deserve to be there. I didn't when I was large.

No one sees me as a person anymore; they just see my looks.

Now, go for it. Attack me for my feelings. But first, tell me why I am not entitled to feel this way.

Tell me how you know so much better than I do.

How are my looks a benefit? Tell me that and don't say anything to do with dates or men because I go on less now, not more.

Chances are, the ones who attack me are the very ones who makes these new looks a living hell...

Why do you hate the beautiful? I can't help the way I look anymore than you do.

I'm not complaining; I'm not going to change myself to be accepted by the miserable and jealous. If anything, beauty has shown me who my true friends are as well as those who are worth associating with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think wrote this while you were a bit angry so you sound kind of mean, though you probably aren´t. But it´s OK, I wrote questions angry too.

People tend to put other people in specific roles. And for most people, other people cannot change into another role, they have a destiny that society chose for them, and that is it, you cannot change. Some people do nothing to change and conform to what society expects from them. Other people, like you, change and develop into something else. The problem is that people don´t like changing the idea the already have about you. They want you to stay the way they imagine you forever.

You were the fat, ugly girl and to girls especially that is wonderful because you are not considered a threat. They wanted you to be fat and ugly forever so that they could be the pretty, skinny ones forever. You were supposed to be single, fat and ugly forever. But you didn´t, you changed. Therefore, you didn´t do what people expected from you. That is one of the reasons people around you (girls of course) started resenting you.

The other reason is that being beautiful is not always that easy. I have never "changed" like you, I was always considered pretty (like many other girls, I´m not super special and I don´t want to sound bigheaded) and I can´t tell you how many times I encountered hate from other girls, jealousy. When you are pretty the first thing people see is beauty which is something good, right? Well, when people see something good, they inmediatly think: "she can´t be perfect, there has to be something wrong with her". So they start looking for your faults. You become slutty, stupid, silly, no brains, a whore, a boyfriend thief, bigheaded, arrogant, a bad person...

I think you should forget people who bother you, find new friends, leanr how to live with a great figure and appreciate the good things being healthy and young can bring.

• Beauty is power and it takes intelligence to wield it wisely.

• Good answer. I like your perspective :) I guess I have such a hard time with it because it's so new to me.

• Yes, of course, it takes times to adapt to anything new; just don't let other people bring you down. Thanks for BA!