How deep inside is the hymen?

Hi!Although I am not young any more and I know very much about the female anatomy, I do not know where the hymen is exactly. I mean how deep inside is it - 1 inch, 2.5 inch ...?- Does it differ?- Does the age of the girl matters?

Thanks for the answers, but where exactly is the hymen? I know that some/all girls are able to use tampons without breaking the hymen...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If a hymen is is present it's always at the entrance of the vagina. The localization is always the same, it's form can be very different . Some drawings: link You might to want to look it up in wikipedia.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• Update: Thanks for the answers, but where exactly is the hymen? I know that some/all girls are able to use tampons without breaking the hymen.Once more:The hymen is a rim of fine mucous skin at the entrance of the vagina and it has an aperture in it, so menstruation blood can evacuate. With some girls that aperture can be large enough for a penis.nearly all girls can use tampons.Breaking the hymen using a tampon or having an accident is NOT losing virginity.

• Sorry, it seems that my english is not as good as it should be.I know what the hymen is, how it looks like, that it does not close the vagina "hermetically", that it is stretchable and much more...My only question is, if a girl pushes a finger (or something else) into her vagina. How deep has she to put it inside until she reaches her hymen? You wrote " at the entrance of the vagina". I am asking for a measurement in inches or centimeter.Thanks for your efforts.

• That depends on the size of her labia: very different from girl to girl, about as "deep" as where the clit is.

• Looking at Google...it says right at the vaginal opening, so of course you must push through the inner lips, so I just have to recall how far I was in her before I reached "dead end" link

• intercourse

• I am trying to remember, and as I recall, it was probably less than half the length of my penis insitde the vagina opening...I remember that because at the time I thought that we could have "intercours" without breaking the hymen. She was 19, at the timeBruce