Is it unhealthy to masturbate everyday?

yeah, I'm pretty embarrassed to post this but I'm doing it.well um I'm a junior in high school and yes I'm still a virgin and I mean I'm stuck in school all day just staring at hot guys, well that's probably not the excuse but I masturbate like at least twice a day sometimes after school, before I go to bed or anytime between there, I feel like a freak after but the next day I feel really good and just go home and do it again lol its like a continuous cycle and I can't help it EVERYTHING just turns me on.So I was wondering is this bad for me to be masturbating everyday like this?

i made it seem like I had no life huh? lol sorry for sounding that way but thanks for the help anyway :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't think it is at all! I think you are going to go through stages in life. In my life, there were times I didn't want to at all. There were times I wanted to do it everyday. There were times I did it 3 or 4 times back to back! And woke up the next morning and did it again! But they were stages that past. Sometimes you might be more excited or focused on sex then other times. It's perfectly natural. Plus, you might be using it as a self soothing thing. This may sound really odd but some people feel emotionally soothed by their genitals being rubbed. Not just an orgasm thing. But it may make you feel calm and safe in a way other things don't. Also, at your age, everyone around you is doing it! Even if they don't do it all the time, everyone is still doing it. So don't let it get to you. It's part of your sexuality. You will probably do it the rest of your life. So there is no reason to spend the rest of your life feeling like a freak.

What Guys Said 9

• There's nothing wrong IMO with masturbating every day. Just as long as it doesn't interrupt you from your daily necessary activities in life

• Masturbating is awesome! No one knows your body like you do. Everyone does it and it's a lot better than sleeping with all those "hot guys" you see at school everyday.

• Nothing wrong with masturbating, my girlfriend does it whenever I'm not there to take care of it for her.

• its not too bad,but don't get addicted so you won't get stock in the act.cheers

• Nah everyone masturbates and look at it this way. Better you have clean pleasure then catch an std having sex with the wrong hot guy lol

• It's only bad if it feels wrong to you. There is nothing wrong with masturbating as long as you don't make it your vice and as long as it isn't the only thing that makes you feel good. If it happens to be the only thing that makes you feel the way you claim to day in-day out then I would recommend being around people, activities, and or hobbies that also make you feel that way, or similar to it.

• For a guy, no. Unless he's doing it several times a week. You can cause redness and swelling. For a girl, I'm not entirely sure. I think a girl, especially a young one, is able to do it several times a day without fear of risk.

• Seriously Cj, it was all comical to me. Let's leave it at that.

• This is the third time in 24 hours you have mentioned fear. Are you gonna be ok?

• The idea of a girl who can't help but masturbate every day is really not so bad. I mean really... it's kinda hot. Even if you were to frown upon masturbation on principle, the actual fact that a girl rubs herself to orgasm every day is really, really nice. I don't know why exactly. It just is.

• If the pros outweigh the cons, nothing wrong with it. Just don't let it get completely out of hand(no pun intended).

What Girls Said 4

• Better that than pregnant. Just make sure you are enjoying OTHER things in life: Books, hanging out with your friends, etc. Sex is just a part of the whole picture. If it interferes with your everyday life (i.e.: homework, social life), it's a problem. Seriously. If this is one of the only things that is making you happy, see your school counselor. They are REQUIRED BY LAW to keep what you say confidential. They aren't even supposed to talk to your parents. If you don't want to do that, during your next physical, call ahead and tell the doctor to plan some one-on-one time without your parent(s) in the examination room. Ask THEM to ask your parents to leave so he/she can ask questions a patient wouldn't be comfortable talking about in front of someone else. He/she can say it's now standard procedure or something. (If your parent(s) ask you later, just say the doc asked if you were sexually active yet. As you said to us, you're not. So, you're not lying.) Anyhoo... Tell the doc what's going on and that you can't seem to stop. It may even be as simple as a hormone imbalance. :) Good luck !

• You are completely normal. Just make sure to be gentle with yourself. You can desensitize your area if you are too rough. Use lubrication so that you don't do this. Also, I don't know if you use a vibrator--this can be a problem for women who use vibrators too roughly and too often, and it is tough to get the feeling back once it is gone.

• I have one thing to say to you... sex. You need sex!

• Cjwright79, I would tell you you're wrong, but then I'd be lying. I don't like to lie. But then again, that probably wasn't directed at me heh.

• I think anonymous has probably never had sex herself so she is projecting her own lustful fantasies. Tell me I'm wrong.

• Nobody 'needs' sex. If you do, you have a problem, not her.

• No, it's completely healthy. Just make sure that you don't get addicted.

• No-one said masturbating once per day constitutes addiction, just like no-one said it was a bad thing. Seriously, what is it with people on this site and constant straw-man arguments?

• If once a day is addicted and addicted is a bad thing I'm worried about the male gender because pretty much every one of them is addicted :P

• Masturbating once a day every day constitutes addiction? I disagree.

• Show Older