Why do girls dress super sexy then are offended when a guy gets turned on

so I was out at the bar last night for new years , had a so so time , anyways there was this one girl there I meet during the summer who was dressed super sexy .here's sort of what she was wearing last night

- tight silver colored dress, that showed the shape of her butt , that bared her shoulders , most of legs , lots of cleavage and some of her stomach including her pierced belly button . so yeah it was super sexy .

but she was like offended that I was checking her out and had the nerve to accuse of a bunch of crap you know the old he's a creeper line . but she was the one dressing like a playboy model in public so what did she expect ?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 47

What Guys Said 16

• Selected as most helpful

first of all I would never wear that; I have the body for it and I like things that show it off, but I'm not the type to dress like that. if I'd seen her, I probably would've been thinking hoooooker. on the other hand, when I do dress up for going out, I do it for myself because it's fun, because it makes ME feel sexy, and because it's not something I do every day. it's a girls' thing. my friends and I blast the music, pre-drink a little, and spend about 1.5-2hrs with make-up and clothes. I swear, half the fun if not more in going out is the part that comes before even leaving the house.

so I agree with i_be_grey_c in the sense that just because a girl dresses up and goes out, does not mean she's looking for sex or a guy.

on the other hand, once again, she sounds like she was dressed as a hooker. so she should expect to attract creepy attention whether wanted or unwanted.

anyways, overall I think that regardless of what she was wearing, I don't know what you said to her and what she said to you back, but you should treat everyone with the same amount of respect. it doesn't matter what people are wearing, how they look, age, color, etc. - you should treat everyone with the respect you feel should be given to you, unless their actions disrespect you first. meaning, I guess, that you make it sound as if since she's dressed like a "playboy model in public, what did she expect", then you can treat her as playboy model and therefore just as something to hit up. yes, she's dressed provocatively, and I personally have no respect for her outfit, but I still feel that until a person's actions deliberately offend you without you having disrespected them in any sort of way, then that person should be treated with the same amount of respect you believe is due to you, without any judgment.

i'm not implying you disrespected her since I don't know who approached who and said what, but it sounds like you hit on her, and she didn't like it and called you a creeper. just because she was dressed like a hooker does not mean she IS a hooker or that she should be treated like one. rape is not okay because the girl was dressed provocatively. of course, that is an extreme example. but neither is derogatory treatment.

• "we even predrink". umm, I don't want to call you out but that sounds like you actually are going out for sex. no offense. just sayin'

• i think she probably liked the attention from you.. but she wanted to act like she didn't to make herself seem like THE queen bitch. that's just the stupid hoes you try to avoid. even though she might be the hottest thing

• because we like the atention

• I was turned on by the way you described her dress :D (shoulda took a pic) I guess she might have went there with someone, or found you unattractive. When you're the girl, its a turnoff if a guy you don't like is checkin you out.

• ur either bi or les. I'm gonna go with bi

• I think a lot of women don't realize that males are hardwired to reproduce; it's their sole purpose when ya think about it ( I'm not kidding). Of COURSE a guy's gonna check her out if she's got all of her goodies exposed to every tom d*** and harry in the room.

There are women that dress sexy to feel sexy, or dress sexy to one up other females, or dress sex to pick up men. You probably just set your sights on the one that was dressed that way due to options A or B lol.

• I don't think they are offended.

When girls say you're creepy, it means they are not into you.

It means they want the kind of guy they want to hit on them.

Also, its also rude to stare at people too long or look them over, that's just etiquette.

U have to be more stealth when checking people out.

• I have to agree 100% with you. If a girl is going to dress the part, don't get p*ssy if someone who doesn't trip your trigger looks. What does she think guys are going to do, maybe even some women are going to look. That's what pants and sweatshirts are made for.

• hey I love it if a guy stares and I love it if he gits up and smacks my ass its hot and I love the attenchen (btw I'm not a hoe)

• Are you sure? haha jks, I love getting attention too :P

• 1st - Girls dress for other girls. 2nd - We like the attention (Look, but don't touch). 3rd - We love to feel sexy for ourselves . . . If we got a bod, then we wanna show our hard work and natural genetics.

• and by showing how hard uve worked for that body. your saying your trying to attract men. right? (unless your bi./les).case in point of the question asker

• becos ita annoying we cnt even dres like tht becos we ave the fear of men raping us we shudnt have tht fear ..! I wore a dress out in soho men trying to touch mi fannie all nite won't leave you alone like ur sum peice of f***in meet ..! y shud wehave to rap up to go ot clubing ..! shud dress how we please ..!

• I can understand wearing nothink but I'm talking about a dress here. god what is wrong with you people I'm not the one asking the question if you don't like what I have to say f*** off

• LOL I wish I could thumb-up haruko's comment.

• i agree with freezey. if you don't want the attention, don't do it

• Show Older
  • Girls don't want to be portrayed as a slut or easy just because they dressed sexily

• ive said this a million times. its not how you dress. its how you act in that particular outfit. if your acting slutty, ull be perceived as slutty, if your not well then. uve got class :)

• Simply because we girls like to dress attractively but don't like to be touched quickly. We want a guy to truly love us.

• Just a little advice...If you want to impress a girl or not seem like a creeper, watch the way you grin or act.. Facial expressions and actions say alot...or if she accuses you just be like I was trying to offend you or anything, you just look different/rlly pretty and thts a compliment...

U never wanna say oooo ur hot or sexy to a grls face, tht just means ur a meat head and just want ass...

A grl when she goes out doesn't want to feel like a piece of meat for every guy that she sees she wants to feel sexy, beautiful and respected at the same time, just try a different approch nexttime or watch the way you look at someone...Dont look her up and down, just glimpse, smile and look away...

• that girl was just trying to get even more attention telling you the creeper line. not all girls are like that.

• haha. good answer, I never thought of it that way. not only was she trying to get attention by the cothes she was wearing but also how she approached the situation. by calling him a creep. she's creating drama. and what is drama. an attention whores best friend

• obviously her intentions were to get looked at. its like a confidence booster, but a secret one. she doesn't want to admit she is getting satisfaction from men checking her out. I know many people like this. girls only do this when they are insecure about their bodies. so of course she knew she was getting looked at, and plus she knew you wouldn't yell back at her if she cursed ar you for looking at her, because you actually were looking at her. so basically, a slut would do that. for attention (attention whore)

• girls call guys creeps a lot when they can't deal with the fact that theyre getting unwanted attention EVEN if its in a positive way. also, she may have been there with someone, so she could have taken the qa's attention as stalkerish etc..

• Exactly, I think his response should have been, "don't dress like a cheap whore and I won't check you out" lol

• Its the way you look at the girl. Sexual tension. Its like that feeling you dress nice to go out and the guy at the bar is whacking off to you. Its nice to get attention - but not feeking like that guy over there wants bone 2 you. I don't know if that makes sense to you.

• i think it differs between men and women. while there are the occasional men who like to dress nice just to dress nice. I think women do it more to outdo other women. when they see men looking at them and its unwanted attention theyll call us creeps. its unfair but, that's how the cookie crumbles

• I have noticed that there can be a difference the way you dress when you go out. Most of the time I dress in jeans and a nice shirt, not really showing too much. My friends and I used to have theme birthday parties all of the time, pj's, goth, 80s, what ever. Well my one friend wanted to have a T&A party. So she wanted little shorts skirts or shorts with revealing tops. So I wore my black leather knee high boots, little yellow and black plaid school girl skirt with a black lower cut tank top. Well I do have to say that it was the first time that I went to the bar and had guys telling me I looked hot, wanting to buy me drinks, dance with me, and everything. Most girls even would ask where I got the skirt and my boots. It was very different experience. I know that the attention that I got was probably not the best attention and probably for different reasons, but I think I could see how that could make you feel a little good about yourself and would do it on occasion.

• they liked it more because they thought you were easy. showing A LOT of skin=easy access to men. I also think if this was the first time that the question asker was seeing this girl it could have just been an odd first impression. if he ever sees her again, maybe outside of the club or something. she may be dressed a little more casual and he might not look as much

• That's stupid. When a guy checks girls out it just boosts our ego. The only reason I can think she'd do that is if you were being creepy about it

• looking isn;t creepy to look but some guys are actually really really creepy and I do call people out when they're being creeps

• while its creepy to you. its just looking to us. I think if we were talking to you in a creepy way THEN you could call us a creep but just simply looking is harmless (with the occasional whack job out there)

• The problem lies in that society is telling women that in order to be beautiful or sexy they have to meet this unreachable standard. That doesnot help women to feel good about themseves. So sometimes drssing up makes a girl feel like she is sexy. It's not that she wants to be oggled and stared at. Actually, the opposite is usually true.

If you were staring at her in such a way that you were called a creepr, you probably creeped her out and deserved to be called one.

• yeah again, I should stress the fact of. if its unwanted attention. don't dress in that sort of way. she thought the qa was a creep because he never went up to her. I think once she talked to him and he started being creepy. THEN she could call him a creep, not because he's just looking.

• Whatever reason they do it; they will get stares. I say this cause I usualy try to not even notice they're there. Usualy they then try to talk to me. So if you like that type of girl then notice her less and act uniterested. However as I said at the start some guys realy do not like this type of girl.

• While it can be really hard for a guy not to stare, it is not advertising for a woman to dress sexy. And I agree with this answer, A lot of women dress in such a way for themselves, not for men to oggle at them.

• Show Older
  • Girls who do this can be really fooling themselves. Truth is they have no idea how male sexuality feels and what it does to a guy to see a provacatively dressed woman.

On the flip side, there is a reasonable level of a man's attention to a girl like that and then there is a creeper level. I know too many guys who are totally going to look at a girl like that but they do it on the down-low and are unlikely to get caught. I have caught guys checking out my cleavage but they are so quick to slip a look I am sure there are others I don't notice. I am fine with that. I look at other women myself. How couldn't you? But a guy who stares is a creeper. Don't stare. Keep it on the DL.

• I am not saying that the guy is wrong for looking or staring, but if you stare you will probably get called a creeper, unless you happen to be her type lol. Calling someone a creeper is all a matter of opinion and guys who stare can be, in the opinion of the girl they are staring at, a creeper. But, consider this, does this girl's opinion really matter? I could care less what some out-of-touch-with-reality person says. She is silly to dress like that and then be shocked someone would stare.

• yeah, I agree you shouldn't stare but you also have to realize, its also just looking. itda been different if he tried anything with you, in my opinion. you can't get called a creeper just cause your looking

• I don't understand it either. But I think dressing slutty is all about getting attention and the reassurance that you are looking for. It isn't like she looked in the mirror and didn't know what she was getting herself into! Maybe she is insecure, likes the attention, and feels better about herself being able to turn people down.

• i think she looked in the mirror and said to herself "i look good, I feel good and I'm gonna go have a fun time". I don't think it EVER crossed her mind that she would be getting attention that obviously wasn't wanted. otherwise she wouldn't have dressed so as we say provocatively

• Show More
  • I personally believe that no matter how super sexy she is, she doesn't imply anything 'cheap or easy' and so forth... but simply wishes to show off her best beauty and appearance or feeling good and sexy... NOT further than your (men)'s lustful thought or imagination.

For your informatyion, all those 'models' that appeared in magazines, internets, movies and TVs, etc are carefully agreed upon prior to broadcast or publication. Therefore, this still doesn't constitute models are easy or cheap or whatsoever you have thought in your head or even your imaginative feeling.

Treat her as she is normal and lovely person with respect and gentle. Girls are valuable and lovely human being we have on earth and use her wisely usauly for marriage.

• It's attention and empowerment. Women put a lot of attention in what they wear for a reason. It's like advertisement. I don't believe that talk that women forget what there wearing when they spend time shopping. Attention gives them a sense of satisfaction when there the center. But its hypocrisy when they get offended. Women don't like when you ignore them totally but if you look at them your a pervert. By nature we are carnal creatures we are attracted to the woman herself. If you call that objectifying then it is. Everything is an object. Women are worldly creatures. More so attracted to men for what he has to offer a women. Sure she can be attracted to a guys physical features. Men don't get offended when women check guys out like a piece of meat. Why should they? Don't dress provocative and be conservative. If a woman can wear what she wants than man should be able to look. Its a free country. Women want a man that will please there feelings. An unattractive man can attract a woman just by his possessions and pleasing her feelings. Make her laugh. For guys were attracted to them nothing else. For women its what a man can provide be it financial or stimulating there feelings. If she was attracted to you she would not have a problem I bet. She's being superficial.

• It is not because they don't want to be noticed it is that they want only a certain person to notice them. I pretend to be invisible in a crowd because they can. Trying this excersice in a place like Grand Central Station in NYC would have you sitting on a bench people watching.

• This reminds me of the Tom Brady SNL skit from last year. If a guy that's not attractive just mildly hits on a girl she calls him a creeper and gets all indignant. Meanwhile a guy that they do like will do all sorts of inappropriate stuff that would get anyone else in all sorts of trouble, but they give them a free pass because they like the guy. It's the same exact thing. Guys that are not on a woman's sexual radar aren't supposed to check them out or hit on them? Riiiiiight.

• if a woman goes out into a public place with half her breast exposed she should expect men are going to look at her. this includes all ages from 13 to 90. that's the way men are and the world is never going to change. cover your breasts and men will not look.

• Well, they do need to be careful. But that doesn't mean they have to dress too conservative. The best I can tell you is to approach with a "hello" or "hi". But do not stare at them in a creepy manner all night long.

• The number of bullsh*t answers from the girls has made me want to actually answer this question twice, this time in more depth.

Girls want male attention. They want to be wanted. It makes them feel important and valuable. So they dress slutty and flaunt their sexual prowess. Guys are the same way. A common sexual fantasy of both genders to think of being desired by hoards of hot guys/girls.

But that's just it. They want the attention of hot guys or ones they deem worthy to experience them. If an ugly guy looks at them, that's something in the way of their sexual fantasy.

You as the ugly person, are disgusting to them. They will flatter and shower others with their sexual attention and will feel so good about being desired by them. But you, you are not even allowed to look. For you there are only dirty looks or in this case insults.

That's why I hate this part of human nature, it makes you feel so unworthy to experience the happiness that others are constantly being showered in.

• So she was showing legs AND t*ts AND stomach?

Slut.

• Dude, chicks thrive on attention. They are like plants needing water. They dress that way to show off the goods and make you look. However, they don't want over watered or watered by a creep or ugly dude. Think about it. Would you want a loser staring down your shirt? Look once for no more than 1-3 seconds unless you makes conversation and you KNOW she is feeling you. Even then, be discreet. If you make it obvious they know you don't care what they have to say and all you can think about is motorboating those tig ol bitties and well women don't want to be treated like meat.

• Agreed omg . But when we are talking we don't want someone looking down are shirt . Look at our face

• Im shocked that is is coming from a guy :O 100% true.

• basically to sum it up. you looked you stared you didn't talk to her. its creepy to be stared at and not talked to. that's something you learn in speech 101. next time just try saying hi at least. so it doesn't come off as so creepy

• you should have told her she is the one dressed like a whore...

• Yeah I totally know what you mean man. It's pretty fcking lame, I don't get it either.

• Because she wanted other people's attention but yours is insulting.

Makes you feel pretty sh*tty about yourself, doesn't it?

• I don't think this was the reason

• Girls like to dress like this sometimes, because it makes them feel better about their own body 'they feel that they don't need to cover up like a nun'... I guess they should expect guys to like it, but yeah, I'd agree that its an ego boost for some girls to reject guys.

• Thanks :)

• Wow ur the first one who gets it. ur last sentence I mean. I'm one of those girls and I couldn't have said it any better

• I think they are the female form of "players".

• I think you're right. LOL

• Many women get an ego boost from/get off on rejecting men.

• I agree for a lot of man they brag about how many girls they have slept with. Some women like to brag about how many men they have gotten to want to sleep with them or even love them who they left frusturated and heartbroken its a power thing. Some women are really looking for dating and sex when they dress like that. Others are jsut using their sexuality as a power trip, its mean but a lot of guys do crappy stuff too like have a kid and ditch it and the mother

• Yea. plus its a fun game to play at a club :P

• I guess she got an ego boost from the whole thing , as I don't see what else she got .