• Ask
  • myTake

Why do girls dress super sexy then are offended when a guy gets turned on

so I was out at the bar last night for new years , had a so so time , anyways there was this one girl there I meet during the summer who was dressed super sexy .here's sort of what she was wearing last night - tight silver colored dress, that showed the shape of her butt , that bared her shoulders , most of legs , lots of cleavage and some of her stomach including her pierced belly button . so yeah it was super sexy . but she was like offended that I was checking her out and had the nerve to accuse of a bunch of crap you know the old he's a creeper line . but she was the one dressing like a playboy model in public so what did she expect ?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• When my friends dress like that, its so they can collect male attention and approval. They pretty much have no self-derived personal image. They decide if they look good or not on how big a reaction they can get from the guys. The stupid thing is, that she probably enjoyed you checking her out. It was an ego boost. And then like iamallstar said, she got a further ego boost by rejecting you. If I had to psyco analyze I'd say this:-Popular culture tells the girl that sexy girls are valueable, and ugly girls are worthless-The girl wants to be valuable so she must confirm that she is sexy, by attracting guy's attention-Deep down she wants her value to be based on her intelligence, humor, etc...-So while she seeks your approval sexually, she is p*ssed off that you would value her based on her sexuality

• In other words, you're all friggin' loopy.

• Show Older
    • I agree totally. Best answer!Even the girls who don't dress sexy resent the people that do, because the revealing outfits get attention. The girls that dress normally want the attention, without having to dress for it. But it seems like that's the way to get attention, so many of us are pulled into it.

• while she wants to be appreciated for her personality. this girl was obviously trying to get attention using her body FIRST, men see that as sexual. she just went about it in the wrong way (wrong order)

What Girls Said 46

• I have to agree 100% with you. If a girl is going to dress the part, don't get p*ssy if someone who doesn't trip your trigger looks. What does she think guys are going to do, maybe even some women are going to look. That's what pants and sweatshirts are made for.

• because we like the atention

• I have noticed that there can be a difference the way you dress when you go out. Most of the time I dress in jeans and a nice shirt, not really showing too much. My friends and I used to have theme birthday parties all of the time, pj's, goth, 80s, what ever. Well my one friend wanted to have a T&A party. So she wanted little shorts skirts or shorts with revealing tops. So I wore my black leather knee high boots, little yellow and black plaid school girl skirt with a black lower cut tank top. Well I do have to say that it was the first time that I went to the bar and had guys telling me I looked hot, wanting to buy me drinks, dance with me, and everything. Most girls even would ask where I got the skirt and my boots. It was very different experience. I know that the attention that I got was probably not the best attention and probably for different reasons, but I think I could see how that could make you feel a little good about yourself and would do it on occasion.

• they liked it more because they thought you were easy. showing A LOT of skin=easy access to men. I also think if this was the first time that the question asker was seeing this girl it could have just been an odd first impression. if he ever sees her again, maybe outside of the club or something. she may be dressed a little more casual and he might not look as much

• Girls who do this can be really fooling themselves. Truth is they have no idea how male sexuality feels and what it does to a guy to see a provacatively dressed woman. On the flip side, there is a reasonable level of a man's attention to a girl like that and then there is a creeper level. I know too many guys who are totally going to look at a girl like that but they do it on the down-low and are unlikely to get caught. I have caught guys checking out my cleavage but they are so quick to slip a look I am sure there are others I don't notice. I am fine with that. I look at other women myself. How couldn't you? But a guy who stares is a creeper. Don't stare. Keep it on the DL.

• yeah, I agree you shouldn't stare but you also have to realize, its also just looking. itda been different if he tried anything with you, in my opinion. you can't get called a creeper just cause your looking

• I am not saying that the guy is wrong for looking or staring, but if you stare you will probably get called a creeper, unless you happen to be her type lol. Calling someone a creeper is all a matter of opinion and guys who stare can be, in the opinion of the girl they are staring at, a creeper. But, consider this, does this girl's opinion really matter? I could care less what some out-of-touch-with-reality person says. She is silly to dress like that and then be shocked someone would stare.

• That's stupid. When a guy checks girls out it just boosts our ego. The only reason I can think she'd do that is if you were being creepy about it

• while its creepy to you. its just looking to us. I think if we were talking to you in a creepy way THEN you could call us a creep but just simply looking is harmless (with the occasional whack job out there)

• looking isn;t creepy to look but some guys are actually really really creepy and I do call people out when they're being creeps

• Clearly she wanted attention, but there are guys that simply check you out in a nice sort of way then there are creepers that are lecherous and stare at you in an "I'm gonna slip you some roofies" kinda way. Plus it can b creepy when a girl is like under 21 and a 33 year old or older is staring at her body. So sometimes girls want attention but get p*ssy when the wrog guys check them out insted of there idea of prince charming or whatever.

• Well yeah some want attention but not from certain people or maybe she wanted attention from say someone else . the whole thing just struck me as if she was on some kind of revenge outing and that she wanted me to see her but she had no intention of doing anything with me and wanted me to regret not having her .

• Show Older
    • what the f*** is a girl whos under 21, doing in a club meant for over 21. helllllloooooooo. logic much?. if your creeped out, don't go

• There are clubs for 18 and up and guess who goes..all young girls and all old ass men that are creeps and can't get anyone their own age.

• Its the way you look at the girl. Sexual tension. Its like that feeling you dress nice to go out and the guy at the bar is whacking off to you. Its nice to get attention - but not feeking like that guy over there wants bone 2 you. I don't know if that makes sense to you.

• i think it differs between men and women. while there are the occasional men who like to dress nice just to dress nice. I think women do it more to outdo other women. when they see men looking at them and its unwanted attention theyll call us creeps. its unfair but, that's how the cookie crumbles

• becos ita annoying we cnt even dres like tht becos we ave the fear of men raping us we shudnt have tht fear ..! I wore a dress out in soho men trying to touch mi fannie all nite won't leave you alone like ur sum peice of f***in meet ..! y shud wehave to rap up to go ot clubing ..! shud dress how we please ..!

• Your grammar makes me wanna kill myself.

• Show Older
    • LOL I wish I could thumb-up haruko's comment.

• I can understand wearing nothink but I'm talking about a dress here. god what is wrong with you people I'm not the one asking the question if you don't like what I have to say f*** off

• I think a lot of women don't realize that males are hardwired to reproduce; it's their sole purpose when ya think about it ( I'm not kidding). Of COURSE a guy's gonna check her out if she's got all of her goodies exposed to every tom d*** and harry in the room. There are women that dress sexy to feel sexy, or dress sexy to one up other females, or dress sex to pick up men. You probably just set your sights on the one that was dressed that way due to options A or B lol.

• Simply because we girls like to dress attractively but don't like to be touched quickly. We want a guy to truly love us.

• I don't understand it either. But I think dressing slutty is all about getting attention and the reassurance that you are looking for. It isn't like she looked in the mirror and didn't know what she was getting herself into! Maybe she is insecure, likes the attention, and feels better about herself being able to turn people down.

• i think she looked in the mirror and said to herself "i look good, I feel good and I'm gonna go have a fun time". I don't think it EVER crossed her mind that she would be getting attention that obviously wasn't wanted. otherwise she wouldn't have dressed so as we say provocatively

• Damn, that doesn't sound sexy, that sounds slutty! I can't imagine that she wouldn't want the attention and the stares when she's dressed like that, but at the same time she probably doesn't want to be seen as only an object. Seriously, though, if you have the nerve to wear a dress like that, you're usually hoping for someone to compliment/admire/whatever you. Don't know why she was so bent out of shape about it.

• two words: unwanted attention

• i think girls do this because they are insecure of their looksthey want to feel liked by men so they dress like sluts to get attentioni know from experience

• u can't dress slutty

• huh?i'm confused

• Just because she's dressed a certain way doesn't mean she wants attention from everyone. I think she was probably out enjoying herself trying to be sexy or on a revenge mission towards someone else. for example.. There's a really hot guy in my class o I wear low cut shirts and always bend over and ask him questions. but then there's this guy who's completely socially inappropriate. who walks over to my desk and stands over me looking down my shirt. and he's a CREEPER. Because he makes it so obvious what he wants wihtout tlaking about it he always talks about uninteresting stuff and he's in his 40s living with his parents.

• Lol so if the guys hot its cool, but if he isn't then its inappropriate hahahaa

• Not exactly. it'd be fine if he d\idnt make creepy comments and ask people to look at the porn on his computer AT SCHOOL .. ya creeper. and if he didn't make it obvious! like all the guys in my class have looked down my shirt. that's fine. but they don't hover over me while I'm working on my drafting to do so. its a completely different situation. I don't care if guys check me out. but to be prettyobvious it gets old and creepy. and it doesn't helpo that everyone in my class sees it too.

• honestly, this sounds kinda like your a tool. your not only using your body to get the guy you find attractive but your also saying to the other guy. STOP LOOKING. the "creep" probably likes you, while the attractive guy might be turned off. it just sounds too much like you being a tool

• I understand your confusion. I understand why women do things like dress sexy and put on make up... just try to look good in general. Its because it helps make you feel more confident, not necessarily because we want attention from men...But you have a point too, women who dress like that really need to keep in mind how men are going to react. It may make them feel good, but if being ogled doesn't make them feel good then maybe they should find a middle ground between revealing and conservative. Either that or just accept that men will react.

• I agree.

• ive noticed women will act selfish when dressing. they never think about what kind of male attention theyre gonna get. they only think "do I look good to myself, and...am I better than all the other girls here". they COMPLETELY forget about male attention. she forgot and she paid for it

• No wait, girls do dress to impress. Whatever, you get my point?

• Most girls don't dress to impress. They're not looking for sex just because they dress a certain way. I had a short dress on last night at a party, and it's because I have the body to. She's just trying to enjoy her youth and sexiness. Don't freak out when you see people like that lol.

• i noticed your from an eastern european country. if this is true and you didn't just make a mistake when you put it on your profile. then I have heard women from europe russia and many other countries are much more appreciative of male attention because european and russian etc..women tend to dress a little more like the girl did, on a daily basis. american women can sometimes come off as prude. its w/e

• i'm american. I put that so creepy strangers don't know where I live, haha. I've never been to eastern europe. I'm fascinated by the culture and all, but haven't had the priviledge to visit.

• Just a little advice...If you want to impress a girl or not seem like a creeper, watch the way you grin or act.. Facial expressions and actions say alot...or if she accuses you just be like I was trying to offend you or anything, you just look different/rlly pretty and thts a compliment...U never wanna say oooo ur hot or sexy to a grls face, tht just means ur a meat head and just want ass...A grl when she goes out doesn't want to feel like a piece of meat for every guy that she sees she wants to feel sexy, beautiful and respected at the same time, just try a different approch nexttime or watch the way you look at someone...Dont look her up and down, just glimpse, smile and look away...

• she wants attention so she puts on a whores uniform but she gets mad if you assume she is kinda slutty its just something dumb girls tend to do to boost their self esteem or maybe she didn't see anything slutty about what she was wearing

• I don't know but I've never seen her wear anything like that before there , during the summer she usually just had on blue jeans and a top . so the dress was a dramatic difference and she looked way more attractive than before . she must of knew the dress was going to cause a bit of stir and get some attention

• "maybe she didn't see anything slutty about what she was wearing". lol. if its hardly covering her ass and showing most of her shoulders. that's borderline, too much. if you ever need a second opinion before going out. ask!

• lol OK woman love feeling and looking sexy but depends how you look at a woman she be creep out..Best to admire a woman his to smile with her and make eye contact then look away she will flirt back most of the time

• not if she doesn't like what she sees. lol. which MAY have been why she called him a creep

• It sounds like a pretty slutty outfit to me, but SOME girls might like to wear things like that to feel empowered. Like they're thinking "yeah, I can wear this and look good and it isn't for anyone but me", and then they forget that guys are going to look at them. But if they start to feel objectified it's a whole nother ballgame. The aim is respect not to be an object.Personally I wouldn't worry too much. Seriously, if she's going to be like that about it then she's probably not worth the hassle.

• I totally agree on the first paragraph!

• this is the best answer I've seen by far. and I haven't even read all of them yet. lol

• idk lol thts a good question...in my group of friends I'm the one who dresses modestly because I don't really like all tht kind of attention from guys...it makes me feel weird and I just don't like showing off my goodies for the world to see but like some of my other friends dress sorta skimpy and then get all worried if a guy is checking them out...its kinda dumb for them 2 dress tht way and not expect to get tht kind of attention

• Yea some of us are naive...i remember last time I entered a clucb with my best friend she was like "wow did you see how every guy's head just turned around?"me: "oh sh*t ur right! is there something wrong with my outfit?" my friend: "no dummy. they're men...we're women."me:" ooooooohhhhh....right."?LOL

• @shes a lady- "is there something wrong with my outfit?" could this be what the girl in question may have been thinking?

• lol yeah she must've not thought it was that bad... but I agree with u.. if you wear something like that ur gonna have people giving you attention/checking you out. I'm sure tons of other guys were checking her out too, so she shouldnt take it all out on you calling you a creeper!

• if other guys were checking her out. she may have wanted the q.a. to be the one who wasnt. remember people like people who are "different". I know I certainly do.

• Because girls want guys to notice them not start thinking wrong things about them

• you don't know how a guy thinks then, do u? :D

• Complete her nicely, and use something first that's not really about the "super sexiness" like her smile, eyes, laugh, anything like that. Then talk to her, when she seems interested let her in on more of the other thoughts your having about her. Girls want to look sexy for guys to see, and yes we get offended when random guys do such things like that. We have issues haha. When that happens we think "typical guy", but if you try to talk to us first it makes us more comfortable and we gladly accept things like that. It helps if you're attractive. haha Hope I helped.

• he didn't approach her, yet he still got called a creep

• i think she probably liked the attention from you.. but she wanted to act like she didn't to make herself seem like THE queen bitch. that's just the stupid hoes you try to avoid. even though she might be the hottest thing

• I was turned on by the way you described her dress :D (shoulda took a pic) I guess she might have went there with someone, or found you unattractive. When you're the girl, its a turnoff if a guy you don't like is checkin you out.

• ur either bi or les. I'm gonna go with bi

• 1st - Girls dress for other girls. 2nd - We like the attention (Look, but don't touch). 3rd - We love to feel sexy for ourselves . . . If we got a bod, then we wanna show our hard work and natural genetics.

• and by showing how hard uve worked for that body. your saying your trying to attract men. right? (unless your bi./les).case in point of the question asker

• Girls don't want to be portrayed as a slut or easy just because they dressed sexily

• ive said this a million times. its not how you dress. its how you act in that particular outfit. if your acting slutty, ull be perceived as slutty, if your not well then. uve got class :)

• that girl was just trying to get even more attention telling you the creeper line. not all girls are like that.

• haha. good answer, I never thought of it that way. not only was she trying to get attention by the cothes she was wearing but also how she approached the situation. by calling him a creep. she's creating drama. and what is drama. an attention whores best friend

• Show More

What Guys Said 16

• Well, they do need to be careful. But that doesn't mean they have to dress too conservative. The best I can tell you is to approach with a "hello" or "hi". But do not stare at them in a creepy manner all night long.

• Yeah I totally know what you mean man. It's pretty fcking lame, I don't get it either.

• Girls like to dress like this sometimes, because it makes them feel better about their own body 'they feel that they don't need to cover up like a nun'... I guess they should expect guys to like it, but yeah, I'd agree that its an ego boost for some girls to reject guys.

• Wow ur the first one who gets it. ur last sentence I mean. I'm one of those girls and I couldn't have said it any better

• Thanks :)

• The number of bullsh*t answers from the girls has made me want to actually answer this question twice, this time in more depth.Girls want male attention. They want to be wanted. It makes them feel important and valuable. So they dress slutty and flaunt their sexual prowess. Guys are the same way. A common sexual fantasy of both genders to think of being desired by hoards of hot guys/girls. But that's just it. They want the attention of hot guys or ones they deem worthy to experience them. If an ugly guy looks at them, that's something in the way of their sexual fantasy.You as the ugly person, are disgusting to them. They will flatter and shower others with their sexual attention and will feel so good about being desired by them. But you, you are not even allowed to look. For you there are only dirty looks or in this case insults.That's why I hate this part of human nature, it makes you feel so unworthy to experience the happiness that others are constantly being showered in.

• Because she wanted other people's attention but yours is insulting.Makes you feel pretty sh*tty about yourself, doesn't it?

• I don't think this was the reason

• This reminds me of the Tom Brady SNL skit from last year. If a guy that's not attractive just mildly hits on a girl she calls him a creeper and gets all indignant. Meanwhile a guy that they do like will do all sorts of inappropriate stuff that would get anyone else in all sorts of trouble, but they give them a free pass because they like the guy. It's the same exact thing. Guys that are not on a woman's sexual radar aren't supposed to check them out or hit on them? Riiiiiight.

• you should have told her she is the one dressed like a whore...

• It is not because they don't want to be noticed it is that they want only a certain person to notice them. I pretend to be invisible in a crowd because they can. Trying this excersice in a place like Grand Central Station in NYC would have you sitting on a bench people watching.

• Many women get an ego boost from/get off on rejecting men.

• I guess she got an ego boost from the whole thing , as I don't see what else she got .

• Yea. plus its a fun game to play at a club :P

• I agree for a lot of man they brag about how many girls they have slept with. Some women like to brag about how many men they have gotten to want to sleep with them or even love them who they left frusturated and heartbroken its a power thing. Some women are really looking for dating and sex when they dress like that. Others are jsut using their sexuality as a power trip, its mean but a lot of guys do crappy stuff too like have a kid and ditch it and the mother

• So she was showing legs AND t*ts AND stomach?Slut.

• I personally believe that no matter how super sexy she is, she doesn't imply anything 'cheap or easy' and so forth... but simply wishes to show off her best beauty and appearance or feeling good and sexy... NOT further than your (men)'s lustful thought or imagination.For your informatyion, all those 'models' that appeared in magazines, internets, movies and TVs, etc are carefully agreed upon prior to broadcast or publication. Therefore, this still doesn't constitute models are easy or cheap or whatsoever you have thought in your head or even your imaginative feeling.Treat her as she is normal and lovely person with respect and gentle. Girls are valuable and lovely human being we have on earth and use her wisely usauly for marriage.

• It's attention and empowerment. Women put a lot of attention in what they wear for a reason. It's like advertisement. I don't believe that talk that women forget what there wearing when they spend time shopping. Attention gives them a sense of satisfaction when there the center. But its hypocrisy when they get offended. Women don't like when you ignore them totally but if you look at them your a pervert. By nature we are carnal creatures we are attracted to the woman herself. If you call that objectifying then it is. Everything is an object. Women are worldly creatures. More so attracted to men for what he has to offer a women. Sure she can be attracted to a guys physical features. Men don't get offended when women check guys out like a piece of meat. Why should they? Don't dress provocative and be conservative. If a woman can wear what she wants than man should be able to look. Its a free country. Women want a man that will please there feelings. An unattractive man can attract a woman just by his possessions and pleasing her feelings. Make her laugh. For guys were attracted to them nothing else. For women its what a man can provide be it financial or stimulating there feelings. If she was attracted to you she would not have a problem I bet. She's being superficial.

• if a woman goes out into a public place with half her breast exposed she should expect men are going to look at her. this includes all ages from 13 to 90. that's the way men are and the world is never going to change. cover your breasts and men will not look.

• basically to sum it up. you looked you stared you didn't talk to her. its creepy to be stared at and not talked to. that's something you learn in speech 101. next time just try saying hi at least. so it doesn't come off as so creepy

• I think they are the female form of "players".

• I think you're right. LOL

• Dude, chicks thrive on attention. They are like plants needing water. They dress that way to show off the goods and make you look. However, they don't want over watered or watered by a creep or ugly dude. Think about it. Would you want a loser staring down your shirt? Look once for no more than 1-3 seconds unless you makes conversation and you KNOW she is feeling you. Even then, be discreet. If you make it obvious they know you don't care what they have to say and all you can think about is motorboating those tig ol bitties and well women don't want to be treated like meat.

• Im shocked that is is coming from a guy :O 100% true.

• Agreed omg . But when we are talking we don't want someone looking down are shirt . Look at our face