How can I make sure sex doesn't hurt?

Well I know sex is going to hurt but how can I make it not hurt so much, I am small so it is going to hurt more. What to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with everyone so far. Basically, make sure you've had enough foreplay and that you're not only wet enough, but that your labia are fully engorged. Most guys mistake a girl being wet as the sign to go, and they finish up before she's about to go to heaven. Make sure he is patient. Also, as most have said so far, don't worry about what you're doing too much. If you worry, your PC muscles (the muscles at the entrance of the vagina) will clamp tight, and if he forces it further, it will hurt more. Also, make sure that you have lube with you. Virgins often tend to not produce as much natural lubrication as what girls that have more experience do.

New thing to add: I think Kayen-of-Umbra came close to saying this, but here it is anyway. A doctor can perform a minor procedure called a hymenectomy. Basically, he will surgically break your hymen for you. That takes the fear that your guy will hurt you when he does it away. That should help you to relax just that much more.

Make sure he wears a condom, and try getting onto the pill long before you have sex the first time. They're not perfect, but they will help prevent pregnancy or most STI's.