• Ask
  • myTake

Girls: Is it OK to masturbate?

I was brought up Catholic and they teach that if you masturbate you go to hell. Is it OK? Is it bad?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

What Guys Said 3

• Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family said, "It is my opinion that masturbation is not much of an issue with God." (Preparing for Adolescence, Dr. James Dobson, p.83). link Here is a really good article that presents a wide range of views and biblical references on "Is Masturbation a sin?" and ultimately comes to the conclusion that "the Bible never says or implies or hints that masturbation is a sin" link That all said, I think that as long as it isn't messing up any of your relationships and you aren't using porn to get off, don't worry about it. My experience with the Catholic church was that they expected you to take their doctrine at their word while the Protestant churches ask you to read your bible and pray to figure it out.

• It's fine. It just feels really good.Let's be hypothetical being I don't believe in god. Would god really not accept into heaven people who masturbate? I have a feeling god would be very lonely in heaven if he did that. LOL

• Im sorry to inform you that neither does hell exist or anything in the bible to forbid the act of mastrubation, if you don't belive me try find even 1 verse that clearly states this.Mastrubation is completly natural and all creatures both male and female does including humans so its nothing shamefull about it actually. If you want to mastrubate sure, its up to you and only you.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it is ok your just experimenting

• This oddly turns me on!

• Lol

• If you go by the bibles standards, then no. but, since it' really a minor sin, I wouldn't worry about it. They just don't want you doing it because then you will want sex. But it's natural and as long as it doesn't take up your life, it's good.