My fiancee acts sexually disinterested. He's either over it, overworked and tired, or settled.

To begin, my fiancee and I have been together three years. Just like everyone else we had sex often in the beginning, but even more than that we were extremely affectionate every second we were together. The sex wasn't our main focus...we just enjoyed each other so much and became best friends and the sex was just a bonus. We were always touching, holding hands, cuddling, kissing, etc. Whatever we could do to be affectionate in any situation; private or public. I know its normal for sex to slow down, but lately there has been ZERO sexual interest on his part. Here is a quick rundown of his past. He used to be a drug dealer, an addict (who did go to rehab and has been sober since), one of his first girlfriends used to get mad or make fun of him regarding certain sexual issues (i.e he couldn't last very long), all the girls in the past he would only F$@&. He didn't know what it was to make love to a girl. He only got his and left and 99% of the time he was high on something. After rehab...he dated a girl for two years...never cheated on her...and proved to himself he could be in a relationship without being a douche bag. All of his girlfriends before her cheated on him, so he would cheat on girls first before they could cheat on him. With his ex, he showed himself he could be a good guy even though she was a psycho bitch. Now with me... we are very open with each other. I know his fears and past problems, he knows mine, and we are extremely open with each other. I have always made sure to be extra supportive in our sexual encounters...even if they aren't always up to par. I love him and I'm not with him because of what he can do with his D%*&... I'm with him because he's an amazing guy. However, I am also a flesh and blood woman and its starting to be a shot to my self esteem, confidence in us and myself, and straight up my ego that he barely even touches me. I'm confident enough and know I'm an attractive woman. Not to be conceited, but it is what it is and I am a past model. It seems that even with me... he still holds the same fears and can't initiate anything with me unless he's had something to drink. He has admitted to me several times that he doesn't know "how to initiate". One time I was in front of him in a hot piece of lingerie, ready to go, on the bed, he came up and kissed me and then pushed away and said "You look so unbelievable I don't even know what to do with you". A change in our situation lately has been that I have been out of work for two months and he has been working his ass off at TWO jobs. I know he's tired and stressed and working very hard. I can step back and see where maybe its in my head. I'm bored, sitting at home, waiting to start my new job, and only have time to think while I'm home alone all day. My other issue is that in MY past relationships I've ALWAYS had to take a male role in some way. Whether responsibility with money, or ambition, or sex or whatever.

CONT"D... I've always been forced into stereotypical "male roles" in some aspect of my relationships and now I am finding that again. I'm not saying ONLY guys have to initiate things, but I like a guy that takes control in the bedroom...LIKE? NO. LOVE IT

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple, sex no longer means anything to him. All those women who cheated on him even though he had been having sex with them? That hurts. Especially the ex who just makes fun of him. That's going to leave its trace. Another hint is that he doesn't know what it means to make love to a girl. To him, intimacy is going to matter more than sex. I hope you're not here just to have more sex, but to heal the relationship. He enjoys spending time with you, which is intimate in a nonsexual way, but fulfills most of his needs. You need to make it sexual to fulfill your needs, though. Most people express intimacy through sex, and feel intimate during sex. He doesn't. This can be hard to fix.

...I speak from experience. I have had the same thing. My ex was very messed up in the head. I never cheated on anyone. I figured out, though, that I still flirted with people, even if I had no interest in having actual sex with them. I'd flirt, get their number, and not call, because I had only good memories of first encounters with my exes- getting their names, numbers, etc. tended to be the best memories I'd had with them. (Speaks a lot to their character, doesn't it?)

So my girlfriend and I have started flirting way more, trying to bring up that spark. So far it's working some- it's not anywhere near a total and complete fix, but I'm hoping the disconnect between sex and intimacy will start to close. It doesn't help that my girlfriend has never had a boyfriend before me, and as such has no idea how to flirt.

I hope that this helps.

P.S. I doubt the drugs have anything to do with this, as I have never done drugs and am experiencing a similar problem. My performance is decent. To the contrary, I feel almost nothing during sex. A warm body can make me hard but nearly nothing turns me on. A fast orgasm does not mean there has been "Great and wonderful sex."