• Ask
  • myTake

Can a man really go without sex for more then a week? if so why or why not?

It doesn't seem normal but I keep getting this lame excuse that their is no time. I can live without it, but I can't believe a man can go more then 3 days without asking or attempting to ask...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Of course we can, it's just that most guys prefer not to. I've gone without sex for over 23 years and I'm still alive.I hope.

• ok, in my opinion without looking at your profile. You are either single and not very confident of yourself that you have not tried to be with a girl. I also imagine you as being very content with books and movies as I believe my husband was. No offense here, but please tell me if I right or wrong. Where I grew up and as for what I know married men should have no reason not to have sex if their wife is laying right next to him at least once a week.

• Show Older
    • ...that I suspect contradict your expectations, the most important of which is that I work as a bartender at a bar at my university. While I was initially hoping this would help me communicate more easily, I was somewhat disappointed that I'm still quite insecure when talking to women/strangers, except when I'm selling them a beer. Go figure...Anyway, I suppose in general your image of me is fairly accurate.

• I don't know about the whole sex while married thing. I don't have any memories of my parents acting physically affectionate towards one another and their recent divorce came as no surprise to me.

What Guys Said 5

• I've been going for nigh on 16 and a half years now. So f*** off.

• That's the thing. YOU can live without it; you're only looking at this through your own eyes. This is understandable; after all, it's your own experiences and feelings that shape your perceptions, and yours alone. Still, maybe you should try keeping a more open mind in terms of what others feel.As for your question, I've gone all 21 years of my life without sex thus far, and that doesn't look set to change. I just stopped caring, quite frankly.

• um obviously lol...I did it this week...and for a lot of weeks in my past...who knows what is ahead this week?

• Not sure why, but I'm guessing you are single. You look like a nice and good looking kid, but tell me if you had a girlfriend or wife laying next to you everyday would you go a whole week without it? and if so why?

• Show Older
    • Thanks DanielSan, I love our answer. I didn't think there was guys out there that would actually enjoy doing things togther other then in bed. In my case, no bed and no play, makes me wonder if there is someone in the picture or in the future.

• that might be an issue you need to consider...but in my opinion a guy would take sex from you and from the other girl...unless he totally finds you unattractive anymore but I think maybe he just isn't that horny lately...guys start to get unhorny around 35 ...

• It depends...one girlfriend I had such a lovely body I just wanted to sleep with her like every night lol My ex was pretty but body-wise she wasn't so hot, so with her I wasn't that fussed about sex

What Girls Said 1

• Ok, so your issue is that your husband won't sleep with you? If so, you have a problem. Have you ever watched Sex & the City? Remember Charlotte? Her husband wasn't a sexual person, but she was. She wanted to have sex all the time and express her love to him. Unfortunately that wasn't a big part of his life. So they had to part ways. It hurts but if sex is important to you then you should talk to him about it, ask him why. Tell him that you love him and want to be affectionate. After you have a talk with him (scary as it may be), decide what to do from his answer.