Can a man really go without sex for more then a week? if so why or why not?

It doesn't seem normal but I keep getting this lame excuse that their is no time. I can live without it, but I can't believe a man can go more then... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course we can, it's just that most guys prefer not to. I've gone without sex for over 23 years and I'm still alive.

I hope.

• ok, in my opinion without looking at your profile. You are either single and not very confident of yourself that you have not tried to be with a girl. I also imagine you as being very content with books and movies as I believe my husband was. No offense here, but please tell me if I right or wrong. Where I grew up and as for what I know married men should have no reason not to have sex if their wife is laying right next to him at least once a week.

• Show Older
    • ...that I suspect contradict your expectations, the most important of which is that I work as a bartender at a bar at my university. While I was initially hoping this would help me communicate more easily, I was somewhat disappointed that I'm still quite insecure when talking to women/strangers, except when I'm selling them a beer. Go figure...

Anyway, I suppose in general your image of me is fairly accurate.

• I don't know about the whole sex while married thing. I don't have any memories of my parents acting physically affectionate towards one another and their recent divorce came as no surprise to me.