If you are born with male and female parts which gender are you?

I heard about this one person that was born with both male and female parts. I guess you could call them a hermaphrodite I guess that's what they... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• well, technically "gender" is the state of mind that determines what sex a person identifies with, and as far as I know, it isn't connected to what kind of sex organs the person is born with. I think that it is a potentially damaging thing for a child to be raised as the gender that they don't identify with- self esteem issues, damaged emotional development, etc. that must have been a tough choice for the parents. in their situation, I think I would have left the baby as it was born, and waited until it was older (demonstrating a preference for predominantly male or female characteristics) to decide. though, that said, a choice would have to be made before too long to avoid hormonal problems for the child later in life. I don't know if they can fix that kind of thing with hormone therapy? interesting question, I kind of want to look into that now.

Asker upvoted