• Ask
  • myTake

How can you tell if a guy wants you just for sex?

So I met this guy online about a month ago. I really like him and he says he really likes me too. We talk just about every day and about 50% of the time it's normal conversations, and the other 50% is him telling me how horny he is and how much he wants to have sex with me. He tells me that he thinks I'm really pretty and sexy and that I deserve more than just some horny guy who only wants sex. He also has told me that he doesn't want to do anything that would make me uncomfortable, and also that I'm the only girl he is currently talking to. Does it seem like he might care about me and just gets horny a lot? Or does it seem like he only wants sex?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well for now it sounds like it's just sex, but that's because he's blatant about wanting you, and being honest about the other girls. So, there's that. Still based on everything you said, it sounds like maybe you have a chance at something more here. For example, he's saying you deserve more, which can imply that he just wants sex, but also potentially means he wants to give you more. Ultimately here I'm thinking that if you really wanna date him, exclusively, then maybe you should try talking to him about it. Maybe asking how he'd feel about you and him just being a typical Boyfriend/Girlfriend couple, nobody else. If he goes for it, then maybe he really does want more than just sex, if he doesn't then it's pretty much a solid confirmation that sex is all he's after. Which I guess would suck, but at least then you know for sure, and can maybe move on if you want. This is all I got. Maybe you can try this.Good luck.

• That all really makes a lot of sense, thank you! I just really wonder sometimes because I went on a date with a different guy about a week after I met the first guy, we'll just call him Sam to make this less confusing, and when Sam found out he got really jealous and told me multiple times not to have sex on my date. About a week ago I told Sam that it seemed like he liked me only because he wanted to have sex with me and it seemed like he got really offended and said that he would wait as long

• Show Older
    • Ok yeah I should probably just talk to him...thank you for all your answers! :)

• No problem. You just get right on it, and then later on, let me know how it turns out.

What Guys Said 2

• When I say that I don't want to make a girl uncomfortable, I mean it. Every guy is different, but since he isn't just some guy trying to bed you at a bar or in the middle of a party, I'd say he is at least sincere.

• Well he does seem like a very sweet, genuine guy and I think that's why I like him so much. He knows I don't only want sex, so if he was only after sex would he keep talking to me for this long or would he have moved on by now?

• It depends on his confidence and his personality type. If he seems really attractive and popular, he'd most certainly have a friend with benefits or other booty call to turn to if he thought you were taking too long and all he wanted was sex. With today's social network and blog sites, it'd be impossible for him to be a veteran "hit it and quit it" kind of player and not have everyone know. Again, every guy is different, but if he senses there is no attraction, he *will* move on eventually.

• He told me he's only had sex with 3 girls before so I don't think he's the type to "hit it and quit it" lol...he also said that he hasn't had sex in a really long time so I like to tell myself that's why he's horny so much but who knows...

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like someone mostly after sex to me! Me personally if a guy starts that talk early on, it's a red flag and a turn off.If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, then keep dating, get to know Him further and properly and don't give up your goods! If he's just after sex then he'll get bored and leave.

• I mean he seems like he's being really sincere about the things he says and that he actually means them but I just really can't tell...but it could also be because I'm scared and have my guard up but I really don't know...How long do you think it would take for him before he got bored enough to leave?

• He's also apologized multiple times for being so horny when he talks to me. And the first few times we talked he didn't mention sex at all, he just told me that I seemed like a really nice, fun girl who he wanted to get to know better and that he wanted to kiss me really badly...I don't remember his exact wording but it was really sweet, and he didn't start talking about wanted to have sex with me for a few days after...

• Has he apologized multiple times because he keeps talking inappropriately? I met my current guy online. Obviously as a guy he wanted things to get heavier but he never said so, if we were making out and things got hot. He never talked about being horny or wanting sex, on dates the conversation was about getting to know each other.asked my bf's opinion and his instinct is he wants to just sleep with you.If you think he's sincere then see him, but don't give in to sex until your exclusive

• He pretty much told you that he's "just some horny guy who only wants sex." If he really liked you he would never even say something like that. He would be smart about his words. I wouldn't trust him if I were you.

• I thought the same thing at first too! But after he said that our convo went like this, Me: are you trying to say that you're just some horny guy who only wants sex? Him: yes I'm horny, but I'm one of the really nice guys. who treats girls really good. Me: I feel like a lot of guys say that just to get in a girl's pants... Him: I will wait as long as you want before we have sex.But yeah, he always tells me he'll wait and that he doesn't want me to do something that I'm uncomfortable with..

• Show Older
    • Yeah I understand, and I'm really guarding my heart because I'm scared something like that will happen. I guess he's noticed that I basically have a wall up because he told me that he wishes I would open up more and trust him more. I told him that it seemed like all he wanted was sex and he got really offended and again said he would wait as long as I wanted so he could prove to me that he wasn't in it just for sex..

• "Above all else guard your heart." Us girls have a sixth sense about such things. Think about it, at this point you know deep down that if it makes you uncomfortable then it's not okay.